Bored with my girl names

Hi berries :relaxed:

I’m trying to update my lists but for the last few days I’ve been kinda bored with them. My two favorite girl names are Esther and June but June is essentially not usable with my last name (I think I’d only use it if my SO were to have a better last name for her). If I don’t use it on a child, I’m okay with it for a pet :joy:. Anyway I think I’m looking for some new girls names or opinions on the ones I have so far. For those that don’t know, my children will probably be raised in Israel and have both English and Hebrew/Israeli first names, which makes this more complicated. (For example Rowena’s Hebrew name would be Rena and she would be called Rowena and Rena by different people)

Girls names I like but can’t use:
Fern
June
Alba

Favorite fns + Hebrew first name:
Esther - Esther
Rowena - Rena
Winifred - Not sure

Other fns I also like + Hebrew first name:
Sylvia - Tzipporah
Ida - Chaya
Isadora - Tzipporah

Do you have any suggestions for new first names that fit my style? Or first names that could be an English name for Nechama? Which of these are your favorites?

Sorry if it’s going to sound stupid but I have not understood if you want your daughter to have an [name_f]English[/name_f] first name and a Hebrew middle or just a First name that has a correspondent Hebrew name plus a middle name that can basically be anything.

Sorry it’s kind of confusing. Basically I want her to have a first name that can either be Hebrew or not, hence I’d consider both [name_f]Esther[/name_f] or [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], but if it’s not Hebrew I need a name that’s similar in sound or meaning so that she can be called either for example [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] can be called [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] by her US relatives but usually [name_f]Tzipporah[/name_f] in [name_u]Israel[/name_u] where she would be raised. I’m not worried about middle names right now bc I have a whole list of them!

Some ideas:
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - [name_f]Nechama[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] - [name_f]Nechama[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - [name_f]Nechama[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] - [name_f]Frayda[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f] - [name_u]Maayan[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] - [name_f]Dafna[/name_f]
[name_f]Raizel[/name_f] - maybe too much with your last name but I love it!
Celia/Celie/Cecile/Cecilia
[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f] - love the ‘elia’ names with your last name
Adela/Della
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] - [name_f]Tzipporah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] - [name_f]Tzipporah[/name_f]

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] would be so sweet!

1 Like

[name_f]English[/name_f] names for [name_f]Nechama[/name_f]:

[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nimue[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]

Some name suggestions

[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_u]Alma[/name_u]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorna[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Orly[/name_f] is a cute name that translates well into both languages and fits your style!

1 Like

I have [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] on my list for [name_f]Nechama[/name_f] so I’m glad that you also think they work! I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] / [name_f]Frayda[/name_f] but I love that option. :heart_eyes: also love [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Dafna[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] is so cute. From the other names I really like [name_u]Alma[/name_u], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], and [name_u]Florence[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like