Boris in the USA

We chose this name for our baby boy because of the Russian origin of our family. Though the stress is on the second syllable “Bor-ee-s”, we don’t mind about pronouncing it as “B-O-ris”. In Russian language this is a very strong and cool name for a boy/a man, it’s also unique this years. There are plenty famous non-Russian Borises - [name]Boris[/name] [name]Becker[/name], [name]Boris[/name] the mayor of [name]London[/name] etc.
Short name for [name]Boris[/name] would be B-o-rya, B-o-rik.
What do you think about our choice? [name]How[/name] does it sound to you? Any association with this name?

After reading your post i think its great! However i think he will probably be teased for it, but as long as you teach him of his heritage maybe he will get all the other kids thinking [name]Boris[/name] is the coolest name around:)

After reading your post i think its great! However i think he will probably be teased for it, but as long as you teach him of his heritage maybe he will get all the other kids thinking [name]Boris[/name] is the coolest name around:)[/quote]

Thank you!
Could you tell me what could be the reason for teasing? I’m new to the USA, so I really don’t know

After reading your post i think its great! However i think he will probably be teased for it, but as long as you teach him of his heritage maybe he will get all the other kids thinking [name]Boris[/name] is the coolest name around:)[/quote]

Thank you!
Could you tell me what could be the reason for teasing? I’m new to the USA, so I really don’t know[/quote]

Your [name]Welcome[/name]:slight_smile:
Oh and i dont think the teasing would be severe, more playful school yard sort of things, like Boring [name]Boris[/name] or Bor-Ass, silly things like that, similar to Smelly [name]Ellie[/name] sort of teasing. And with all the Aydins and Addysins, [name]Boris[/name] will probably seem sort of plain and old school so he might get the “you have an old guy name” but, I dont think (and cant) think of anything really mean or hurtful that could be said though., i think it will be fine and i think he will really appreciate it when he gets old enough to understand his Russian background and heritage.
Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

/

:))) oh, that’s alright, I guess. Kids are very creative, you never know what rhyming can they come upon.[/quote]

Yea its no biggie:) I definitely think he will appreciate it when hes older though and its a very handsome name that has a strong meaning and a cultural background. Its a win-win in my opinion:) Good Choice!