Born on 4th of July

So proud to introduce our

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] brother to [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. If he had been a girl we easily had picked out [name_u]Florence[/name_u], which had ties to both [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and the baby’s Italian citizenship. We struggled a bit on boy names. We needed a name that worked in [name_f]Italy[/name_f], U.K. and the USA and had two middles like his siblings.

[name_u]Luca[/name_u]-

I struggled on what felt like the sudden popularity of [name_u]Luca[/name_u] in USA and U.K. There were 2 other [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] born in the hospital last week which made my heart sink when I heard and get the name list back out! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband wanted to stick with [name_u]Luca[/name_u] bc we tried and couldn’t find a boys name that topped it and even though [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is so extremely popular, she’s the ONLY one in her school with the name- so it’s hard to predict. I’ve loved the name [name_u]Luca[/name_u] since I first heard it over 20 years ago in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. It doesn’t “feel” overly popular in [name_f]Italy[/name_f] and has been well received by everyone when they hear it in all 3 countries. Ultimately, it felt like a nice summer name with the meaning “bringer of light” and the new Pixar movie adds to the appeal of a baby born in summer.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]-

A long time favourite of mine, but one I wouldn’t use as a first. I love its meaning “God’s gift” which he feels like he is in every way. It subtly honors a dear aunt [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] of mine. I also wanted an animal reference built in to his name, which works with the old [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] bear (my other children have a lion and unicorn reference).

[name_m]Martin[/name_m]-

Family name. It was between [name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_m]Martin[/name_m] for the family name spot and [name_m]Martin[/name_m] won out. Slightly astrological and similar to my eldest’s full name and definitely familiar in all three countries. [name_f]My[/name_f] son says it’s [name_m]Martin[/name_m], bc he is so sMartin.

46 Likes

Congratulations! What a lovely name and perfect with his big brother and sister :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on your delightfully named baby boy!

1 Like

Congratulations!! His name is lovely and goes great with his big siblings’ names. Wishing health and happiness for you and the whole family!! :green_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations :tada::bouquet:

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] is such a gorgeous name!

Wishing you all the best with your latest addition.

1 Like

Congratulations – lovely name!

1 Like

[name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f] name! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is such a handsome name!

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] Martin!!
His name is beautiful!!
:star::teddy_bear:🩵

1 Like

Congratulations! What a distinctive name!

1 Like

Aww I LOVE the name [name_u]Luca[/name_u]!

1 Like