Bouncing some ideas

It’s important to me to honor my grandmother and MIL in the event I have a daughter. As a kid I had liked [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] in honor of my grandmother as her name starts with Da- and her middle name is [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and my MIL does not want her first name (St@cie) so her middle name, [name_f]Renee[/name_f], & [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] work for her.

[name_m]Or[/name_m] I did kinda wonder if the similarity of [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] & St@cie if [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] work in honor of both?

So there’s either [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]?

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] feels “safest” it has everything I want, but it’s definitely a combination that’s been used before. Nothing wrong with that but feels bland to me, but then again there’s some ego in wanting a “unique” name and maybe just a functional name is preferred to something more “extra.”

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is definitely “more” and I love the theatrical vibe [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] gives (imo) but generally I’d say I tend to not love super feminine names and while I do like [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], I’m not sure I’d like it long term.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] has my hands down favorite girl’s name, [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. That’s definitely a plus, but [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] in itself is super rare locally leading to potential spelling/pronunciation issues; then, [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] is directly from my grandmother’s name but only shares first & last couple letters with my MIL’s first name. I also haven’t discussed [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] with my husband yet but I was curious what Nameberries would think?

Sorry for all the posts guys now that I’m actually pregnant I’m feeling super unsure lol

1 Like

I can understand if this isn’t something you dig, but the [name_f]Stevie[/name_f] Nicks fan in me has to suggest [name_f]Stevie[/name_f] here haha. I feel like it could honour both [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and your MILs name (same starting letters and ending letters). [name_f]Stevie[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] came to mind first, but [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stevie[/name_f] would be cute too.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Stevie[/name_f] Nicks too but my husband HATES boys names on girls so I don’t think he’d go for it.

1 Like

That’s a bummer but I can understand. It didn’t really feel like the vibe you were going for but I had to suggest it anyway.

I do really love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is my preference, followed by [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Renée[/name_f]. [name_f]Renata[/name_f] is the only other name I can think of that honours. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Renata[/name_f] is pretty cute.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is common where I live (Australia) but it is so lovely. If it’s your favourite name you will regret not using it. You will be saying your baby’s first name a lot more than their middle, so make sure you’re choosing the one you love the most, not the one you feel most obligated to use.

1 Like

All of these options are beautiful, I understand your struggle!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of the three is definitely [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. Not only does it flow excellently, but it also honors both your grandmother and MIL (I do think St@cie & [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] are close enough for [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] to honor both – but, if you’re unsure, you could always pass it by your MIL). As for [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] being a locally unusual name, I think spelling/pronunciation issues can be easily solved by a simple correction – and if you truly love it, which by your descriptions it seems that you do – than this combo is perfect! Maybe pass it by your husband and see what he thinks, and then go from there.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is also stunning, and one of my personal favorites. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is definitely theatrical and gorgeous, but if you feel the novelty will wear off long term then I’m not sure it’s worth using. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] is tried and true, and there’s nothing wrong with sticking to what feels safe!

Really, you can’t go wrong with any of these. Best of luck, and congratulations!

1 Like

All your options are lovely, so I see why it’s so hard to decide!

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] - a beautiful, simple combo. I have a middle name similar to Renee… and I have to admit, I wish I had something more exciting. I love that it would honor family for you… but I don’t think it hurts to want something “more” as you say, in a name! But it is a safe pick and very beautiful.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - I’ve already waxed eloquent on this, I adore it. I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is a perfect way to honor a Da- [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and is a gorgeous name. And [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is equally a beautiful and creative way to honor a [name_f]Stacie[/name_f]! If you love [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] (it sounds like you do, even though it’s not your normal style)… I would go for it. It has the “more” you want, honors both ladies equally, and is an absolutely stunning combo.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] - [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is beautiful (although in a different way from Daphne!), and [name_f]Immy[/name_f] is sweet (or even Ginny!). [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is one of those names I would be seriously impressed to come across in real life, and yet I just can’t connect to it myself, I can’t see me with an [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. However, since [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] was your grandmother’s actual name, I think if I were [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] I would feel left out; yes, her first name’s first and ending sounds bookend [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], but [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] is your own family name and I think I’d feel a little cheated, or that you were just honoring your grandma with this baby. Maybe [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]? I do like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] but I’m not convinced [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] would honor both. (Ironically I can be convinced almost anything is honoring, but I do find it hard in this situation… if the middle somehow meshed [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] or [name_f]Renee[/name_f] without being any one of those three names, I could more easily see it… maybe [name_f]Estée[/name_f] for the ending of [name_f]Renee[/name_f] and the beginning of [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]? [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Estée[/name_f] would be beautiful imo!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] but your little girl will be lucky to have any of these names. :heart:

Good luck!

1 Like

I think all three combos are nice. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is my personal favorite though. They’re very pretty together and (I think) the best honor for both family members.

I’m curious what you’ll come up with, since I’d also like to honor a St@cy who doesn’t like her name.

Maybe [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]? That way you can honor both of the special ladies in your life but also get to use your favorite name.

I think [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] could work - it’s a small nod but maybe she wont mind if she doesnt love her name?

Is a second middle name possible? Like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] so you get all the sounds?

You love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] so I think you should use [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] as the first name.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I suggest [name_f]Daphnee[/name_f] for the middle? The spelling is more unusual but definitely honours [name_f]Renee[/name_f]. Alternatively I do think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] is also a strong nod to [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] without using the name [name_f]Stacie[/name_f]

I believe [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] would be a lovely way to honor your two loved ones. I think it would work. If the name reminds you of both and you love it, then it is the perfect honor name.
If [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is your absolute favorite name, my vote goes to [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. It flows well and it is a beautiful, meaningful choice. I think it sounds amazing for your baby. [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] sounds so refreshing nowadays.

I confess that between [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], I lean towards [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. I really like its meaning. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] has a distinct and powerful sound. I love the name [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. It’s majestic, feminine and unexpected. However, with [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], I think [name_f]Renee[/name_f] creates a nicer flow. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] is stunning.

Perhaps, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]?