Boy #3- Gideon?

We are expecting baby boy #3, and I really am struck on [name]Gideon[/name] as his name. Thoughts? Our other two are [name]Michael[/name] [name]David[/name], who we call by both names, and [name]Caleb[/name]. My other choice of the moment is [name]Noah[/name], but I am leaning more to [name]Gideon[/name]. Please offer your honest thoughts, opinions, and advice.

I love [name]Gideon[/name]! I know someone with a son named [name]Gideon[/name] and I think it’s such a cool name. [name]Noah[/name] is great name, too, but it’s a little more popular than I would like.

[name]Gideon[/name] is a fine name with good associations!!

I certainly prefer [name]Gideon[/name] to [name]Noah[/name]. I think it’s a beautiful name.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]! I think it’s really handsome! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]! [name]Noah[/name] is a beautiful Biblical name as well, but it’s much more popular, in case that makes a difference to you. Your other boys names are more common as well, so in that case [name]Noah[/name] might fit better, but their Biblical nature works well with both choices.

I would love to use [name]Gideon[/name] myself but its meaning deters me! My first son’s name is a type of tree, and [name]Gideon[/name] means “Feller of trees!” Then again, it might be appropriate for first and second born boys! :slight_smile:

Good luck to you!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]! And I think it goes great with your boys’ names :slight_smile:

I really love the name [name]Gideon[/name]!!!

As other posters have mentioned, though, [name]Noah[/name] might fit slightly better with your other boy’s names being that [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name] are far more common and familiar. [name]Gideon[/name] might seem a bit like the odd duck of the three. If you love it, though, that’s probably not enough of a reason to stop you from using it. But, with your other son’s names, I wonder if you generally prefer to go with something “safer” or more mainstream and might end up regretting [name]Gideon[/name] in the long run as a more daring choice.

I do think [name]Noah[/name] [name]Gideon[/name] would make a great combo, and that might end up being the perfect name for your little one.

I agree - [name]Noah[/name] [name]Gideon[/name] is perfect!

I love [name]Gideon[/name]!! Not too common, but also easy to say- to me it sounds almost musical. The name also means “mighty warrior,” and is a great man in the bible, if that means anything to you :slight_smile: Good luck!

My 35 year old brother’s name and I also know a 60+ man with this name. I have seen three other posts on nameberry in the last month on this name and it didn’t receive favorable reviews, though I don’t understand why. My brother has always received good feedback!

Thanks for all the great feedback. The reason I like [name]Gideon[/name], other than because of the sound, is the Biblical meaning. The Biblical stories of [name]David[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], and [name]Gideon[/name] all just seem to have a similar theme to me.
I like the names and the meanings. [name]Do[/name] you think they all work well enough together? Again, we call the oldest [name]Michael[/name] [name]David[/name].

[name]Gideon[/name]!!! I [name]LOVE[/name] this name! If I wouldn’t have promised my middle child that I would let the baby have his initials, [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] would have been his name!

Another fan of [name]Gideon[/name], here. One of my favorite Broadway actors is named [name]Gideon[/name] (Glick) and is just adorable. I think it’s a solid and interesting name.

I like both, prefer [name]Noah[/name] slightly more though.