Boy middle name Allison?

(As an honor)
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Other (comments)

0 voters

Open to other ideas. :slight_smile:

If the [name_u]Allison[/name_u] being honored is a first name I would consider other options to see if you like them better but if its a last name then leave as is.

1 Like

It’s a first name, my aunt by marriage. I love her with all my heart. Her middle name in unfortunately connected to someone else & her maiden name… Well, honestly, there’s nothing wrong with her maiden name but it’s similar to one of the meanings of my theoretical first, [name_m]Miro[/name_m]-[name_m]Anson[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was originally a boys name so yes! - [name_m]Son[/name_m] of [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

2 Likes

Allison no different than [name_u]Addison[/name_u] and MacKenzie were all boys names at one point but are so far gone to the girls i could see it tested big time

Perhaps Aison or [name_m]Aloysius[/name_m] ?

1 Like

My husband’s middle name is [name_u]Francis[/name_u] (after his grandfather) and he thinks it’s too feminine and is embarrassed by it, so I think I would skip [name_u]Allison[/name_u] for a boy. Maybe [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] or [name_u]Ellison[/name_u] or [name_m]Albert[/name_m] or another name with the same meaning “noble” would work as an honor?

1 Like

If [name_u]Allison[/name_u] is just going to be the middle name, then it’s fine.

Now if you’re ever thinking of putting it as a fn, you would have to be really brave since [name_u]Allison[/name_u] is mostly on girls these days despite originally being on boys. I personally want to see these kinds of names to be popular on boys again but I still think you would have to be brave to do it.

1 Like

As a middle name, I think it works

1 Like

As a middle name I think it works, especially as an honour.

As an aside, not sure where in the world you are but there’s a goalkeeper who plays for Liverpool FC, one of the top football/soccer clubs in the UK, who is called [name_f]Alisson[/name_f]. I think he also plays for the Brazilian national side if you wanted to look him up, but it’s a male namesake (albeit with a variant spelling) that could make a child feel like it’s a cool name to have if he’s ever teased for it

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t think it works. Perhaps [name_u]Ellison[/name_u] or [name_f]Ason[/name_f]?

1 Like