Boy Name Advice Needed

I am expecting my fourth and last baby gender unknown for now. I have a [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] already. I really love the name [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] for a boy but is it too out of place with the sib set? This is my last chance… input needed. I also considered [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] in honor of my beloved uncle who passed away last year. We always called him [name_m]Paco[/name_m] (my family is in [name_f]France[/name_f] but I live in the US).

Well, I don’t think [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] looks out of place next to [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I also like [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], but I slightly prefer [name_u]Sascha[/name_u]. In spain, [name_m]Paco[/name_m] is a common nickname for [name_m]Francisco[/name_m]. Have you considered a [name_u]Fran[/name_u]- name? [name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Franco[/name_m], [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]…

Hanks! I’m glad [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] doesn’t sound off to others. I just love it and it reflects my father’s Eastern European ancestry.

I have to disagree. I’m in Europe, and [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] is exclusively used as a nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] here. Have you considered [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] “[name_u]Sascha[/name_u]”? It would be smashing with [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

I think I’m a little confused about what you don’t agree with? But re nickname thank you, I realize it’s a nickname. I have no qualms about nicknames as full names, especially since [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is not a favorite of mine.

I’ve also considered [name_m]Mario[/name_m] but that is pretty left field for me considering I’m half [name_m]French[/name_m] and half Ukrainian. Hmmm.

I really like the name [name_u]Sascha[/name_u]. However, in the US I feel like it’s commonly thought of as a girls name, ie [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Obama[/name_m]. I’d shy away from it personally, but ff that doesn’t bother you, than I think it works nicely. Otherwise, I like [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] quite a bit. Good luck!

I was saying that I disagree with the previous poster, @undertherainbow, as I think [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] does look out of place with [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. Out of [name_u]Sascha[/name_u], [name_m]Mario[/name_m] and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], I’d choose [name_m]Patrick[/name_m].

I really like [name_u]Sascha[/name_u]! I think it completely stands as its own name, and as there’s some style variations in all your sibset already it totally doesn’t look out of place. I think it would be more out of place if you tried to ‘match’ with one of the other names – for example, going with something very classic like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] or something would leave [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] more left out, and going with an unusual word name would leave the other two more left out, but [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] is a really good mix of kind of classic and kind of unusual that ties the whole lot together imo! [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] would be a really cute combo too!

[name_u]Sascha[/name_u] is fabulous, go for it!

I think [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] (such a cool name, btw!) already sticks out a little bit in your sibset as [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] are much more traditional and understated. [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] would actually help to bridge that gap somewhat.

[name_u]Sascha[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] or [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] [name_m]Paco[/name_m] would be lovely!

I love it so much!! And [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] would be a great combo. I agree with @katinka that it balances out the other names well.

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and Zennon.
Zennon is Ukrainian, nn [name_m]Zeno[/name_m].
And if it’s a girl, [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] or [name_f]Jillian[/name_f], nn [name_f]Jilly[/name_f].

[name_u]Sascha[/name_u] has always sounded so feminine to me. Would never consider that for a boy. [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] are all over the place. [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is very 1950’s, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is very early to mid 20th century and [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] comes out of the blue. Not sure where you should go…maybe try a timeless name like [name_m]Adam[/name_m] or [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_m]Liam[/name_m]

Part of me agrees with you and sort of think [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] (or [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] no Tommo) would also work, but I do love a crazy name :slight_smile:

I also love medieval history so want a name with a long pedigree. [name_u]Love[/name_u] a lot of the feedback, thanks so much. [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] [name_m]Paco[/name_m] is now on my list.