Boy name starts with J

Hi,

First time posting, really need some suggestion with my baby boy name:

I am always a fan of Jayden for my baby boy’s name. Until later in my pregnancy when I noticed this name is widely used.

How about the name Jasper, it’s not too common but I found it’s more unique. However, a bit hesitate on people give nickname for Casper the ghost, also Google says it’s commonly used on pets :thinking:

Any other suggestion on name starts with J? Your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Also, will you have or not have a middle name for your baby? Why

Thanks

1 Like

I loooove [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]! I definitely don’t think it’s too much of a pet name! It is less common than [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], but it is gaining some popularity recently. It still is not in the top 100.

Jude
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Judson[/name_m]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Jennings[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]

1 Like

Jasper was the name of [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Winslet[/name_f]’s hot writer work colleague in The [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]! I love the name. I think it’s unique and charming!

I don’t think of a dogs name at all!

I’m surrounded with J names in the family! We have:
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jim[/name_m] - love [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m]
[name_m]Jason[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]- love but maybe because he is a horse and has never put a foot wrong?

And then there are others

Joshua
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Jett[/name_u]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]

For me, I would go with [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] - it’s a good name!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]! It’s soft yet strong and full of bright, happy energy. It’s rising in popularity (#136 in the US currently), but it’s still a lot less popular than [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], especially if you take into account multiple spellings ([name_u]Jayden[/name_u]=#35, [name_u]Jaden[/name_u]=#267, [name_u]Jaiden[/name_u]=#360, etc.). Relatedly, I like that [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] only has one dominant spelling and doesn’t really sound like anything else (except [name_m]Casper[/name_m], but I don’t think they’re likely to be confused!). I actually love [name_m]Casper[/name_m], too, but I wouldn’t think of the ghost for [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] at all. I also definitely wouldn’t think of pets (although I like lots of “popular dog names” lol, but I wouldn’t put [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] on that list). I’ll also second @Kipperbo1’s suggestions of [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], and [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]–some of my favorite “J” names! I also love [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] and [name_u]Jem[/name_u].

1 Like

Jonas
[name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]

2 Likes

Jasper is a lovely choice!

Here are some of my favorite Js:

Julian
[name_m]Jesper[/name_m]
[name_m]Jennings[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]

1 Like

I love jasper and think it is becoming more popular - by which I mean not too popular, but also not just used on pets. A friend of mine recently named her baby jasper just last month!

2 Likes

Another vote for [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]! I also like [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] as a J name if that appeals.

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]!

Jonah, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] are some of my favourite j names

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and suggestions. :slight_smile:
Now I am more certain with [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]

Thank you, love those J names in your family as well.
[name_m]Say[/name_m] hello to [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] for me :slight_smile:

1 Like