Boy names that go with Sebastian - due soon!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

My second son is due in less than two weeks and I’m having trouble pinning down a name. It took us a long time last time, so this isn’t new. Our oldest is [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], and we often call him [name_m]Baz[/name_m].

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]

This is my husband’s favorite, but I worry that it’s too strong and a difficult name to carry. I’m also not a fan of any of the nicknames.

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

This is my favorite right now, but I’m not sure if it’s too distinctive and rhymy next to [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. I like the nickname [name_m]Casper[/name_m], but I’m not sure.

Another favorite of mine is [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] (Rupe), but it isn’t being embraced by my spouse. Right now it’s looking like either [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

Thoughts or suggestions are welcome to help this indecisive mama!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] are both handsome names, as is [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. Personally I prefer [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] as it’s one of my own favorites, but in this case I think [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] “fits” [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] more. They both give off a romantic, dashing feel, and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_m]Baz[/name_m] even go together as nicknames.

Final thought - [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] doesn’t necessarily need a nickname, but if you have other reservations, then perhaps [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is indeed the better option.

Either way, you can’t go wrong though. Good luck!

I think either [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] go well with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] although [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] does rhyme slightly - what about [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]?

Other ideas:

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Jacques[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Lloyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]

X

I love [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] for you and I would pass on a nickname as it is so handsome in its own, and is short enough not to require one. It is great with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] whereas [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is kind of rhymy. Another suggestion is Marcus.

I agree, I’m overthinking things when it comes to shortening [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]. This is helpful!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m], but [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] was just chosen by someone we know, and as for [name_m]Felix[/name_m], we are working with an F last name.

I also like [name_m]Cyprien[/name_m], and have thought of other similar names, but keep coming back to [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

I should also mention that my son is absolutely certain his brother is [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]. If [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] isn’t the first name it will be the middle. :slight_smile:

As previously stated I would use [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] as is but if you want a nickname I think [name_u]Gus[/name_u] works well.

I agree that [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is a little rhymey with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], but not unworkable. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is fun also. [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is a wonderful option. If neither is THE name, others that you might like:
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]/[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

Of those two I’d pick [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], but between [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] & [name_m]Casper[/name_m] I’d pick [name_m]Casper[/name_m].

Other thoughts :

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] & [name_u]August[/name_u] ([name_m]Baz[/name_m] & [name_u]Gus[/name_u])
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] & [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] ([name_m]Baz[/name_m] & [name_u]Max[/name_u])
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] & Demitri
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] & [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]

I think if we go with [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] I’d probably call him [name_m]Casper[/name_m] often.

[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] have come up as contenders in the past, so totally up our alley.

I love all the names you are considering, as well as [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]! You could not go wrong with either names.

Personally I would not pass up on the opportunity to use [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] & [name_m]Baz[/name_m] are darling together as well.

Other suggestions:

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m]

Sorry for repeats.

I prefer [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] over [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is just 2 easy syllables so no nickname is needed. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] brings to mind [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the Ghost here in the States.

I think [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] matches well. “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]” could be a nickname for [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]!

Totally get the [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the ghost thing. That seems to be something adults think of (I did to!), but I’m not sure the reference will be known to kids these days, which makes me more comfortable with it.

Went with [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].