Boy names to honor Anastasia?

Please help. I am really struggling to find some boy names that would honor [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f].

Thank you for any suggestions.

What about just [name_m]Stas[/name_m]? I think it’s pretty cute!
According to another naming site, masculine forms of [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] include:
Anastas, [name_m]Anastasios[/name_m], Anastasio, Anastasius

Other names that might work:
[name_m]Anastagio[/name_m], Anas, [name_m]Ansel[/name_m], [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_u]Andre[/name_u], [name_m]Andres[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]

Like any of these? :slight_smile:

Anastasio and its variations would be the most direct way to honor an [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], as already suggested. An unrelated possibility is [name_m]Eustace[/name_m], which I know isn’t the most attractive name in the world, but both [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_m]Eustace[/name_m] use [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] as a nickname, so it kinda works.

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] means “resurrection”, and if you’re [name_m]Christian[/name_m], that word tends to bring to mind [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] and [name_f]Easter[/name_f]. I probably wouldn’t recommend using [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] unless you’re Hispanic, but [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] (meaning “[name_f]Easter[/name_f]”) is a possibility. Oh, or maybe [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] (the name of a man [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] brought back to life)?

[name_m]Anson[/name_m] is the only name I can think of that really fits.

Some ideas:
[name_m]Anastasios[/name_m]/Anastasio
Anastas
Anasto/Anastos
Ansson
Stasio
Taso

Similar meaning “resurrection”:
Camon

Or even Anasta… sounds very strong and gentle at the same time.

goes well with most middle names

[name_u]Asa[/name_u] (A-suh)
[name_u]Stanley[/name_u]

Honestly I don’t think that route is the best. What did [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] like to do? Was she a Rower? if so [name_u]Henley[/name_u] may be your choice. Did she love the woods? If so a little [name_m]Birch[/name_m] is perfect. Was she a frequent beach goer? Than [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] is lovely. Was she a gardener? Name him [name_m]Florin[/name_m] .Was she a traveller? Well then find somewhere she loved to go to and name him after that (within reason of course). The best way to honour someone is to use names inspired by their passions and hobbies not by their own name. At the end of the day it’s a lovely tribute because it’s subtle but still speaks volumes to all who met/knew her. Put what you loved/knew about [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] (I’m assuming at least one of you two have something that made you want to honour her in the first place) into this name . I know I’m a hypocrite but I still think especially in your situation as you can’t really use [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] (unless your like me and hate gender roles than go right ahead I won’t blame you haha) than the next best thing is to really honor who she was.

Phew huge paragraph over sorry.

[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Andre[/name_u]
[name_m]Angelo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Antonio[/name_m]
[name_u]Antoine[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Stas[/name_m]. I think it’s perfect honour for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. Or [name_m]Anastasios[/name_m], with nn [name_m]Stas[/name_m]. Although I prefer [name_m]Stas[/name_m] as the given.

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]/Alistar shares its middle with [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. Both names hold connections and feel a pair.

Other options including [name_f]Ana[/name_f]:
[name_m]Anakin[/name_m]
[name_m]Anatole[/name_m]/[name_m]Anatol[/name_m]

Other options including sia:
[name_m]Josia[/name_m]

Also thought of [name_m]Austin[/name_m]. And I like the suggestion of [name_u]Asa[/name_u].

[name_m]Antonio[/name_m]
[name_m]Antony[/name_m]
[name_u]Antoine[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]

I like:
[name_m]Anton[/name_m]
[name_m]Anstace[/name_m]
[name_m]Anastacio[/name_m]
[name_m]Ananias[/name_m]
[name_m]Anatoly[/name_m]

maybe even [name_m]Ansel[/name_m]?

Why not just use the male version of [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], which is Anastasius.

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] has male forms, so why not use one?

[name_m]Anastasios[/name_m]
Anastas
Anastasiy
Anastasio
Anastasius
Anastazy

Lots of creative ideas here, all the ones I was going to suggest have already been mentioned. And although I like that there are make versions of [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] one could use, they feel way more out-there than [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] would unless this is for a baby born in a country where these versions have seen some use. I can understand not wanting to use one.

Loving [name_m]Anton[/name_m], [name_m]Anatole[/name_m], [name_m]Ansel[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] (variants Lazslo and [name_m]Lazaro[/name_m] are also cool!), [name_m]Anson[/name_m], [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u].
Considering [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]'s meaning, I’d like to add [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] for contention, it means ‘immortal’, not so far from ‘resurrection’, and has the added bonus of sharing many sounds with [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and it’s also originally a Greek name.