Boy names with a Z in it

My hubby and I have been going through names for 6 months and still can’t decide on anything. We like non-traditional names that aren’t too out there or trendy, so its been hard! I’ve had nightmares of having a nameless son! Our last name starts with a Z, so we were thinking a name with a Z in it would sound nice. We don’t really like any names that start with a Z. The middle name will be [name]Kelly[/name] or [name]Kellan[/name].

Thanks!!

[name]Ezra[/name] is the first that came to mind.

Others:

[name]Lorenzo[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] - [name]Zeke[/name] is a cool nickname, but I guess that might qualify as starting with the letter Z.

I hope that helps!

[name]Ezra[/name] pops to mind first. Lazarus is cute too.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lazarus[/name] or [name]Ezra[/name]?

I like [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Ezekiel[/name] that were suggested. I also love [name]Zane[/name], but that starts with a “Z”, so you might not be fond of it. What about:

[name]Eleazar[/name]/[name]Eliezer[/name] (I’ve heard this both as el-ee-AY-zer and eh-LIE-zer)
[name]Paz[/name] (maybe more girly, since paz is feminine in Spanish, I think, but [name]Pax[/name] is popular for boys and it also means “peace”, so I thought it might be nice. I like [name]Patrick[/name] nn [name]Pax[/name] so maybe [name]Patrick[/name] nn [name]Paz[/name] could be cool, too?)

That’s about all I’ve got, sorry! Good luck!

[name]Azael[/name] – made of god
Azarael – God is helper
Azare – God helped
Azra – one who is pure
[name]Azure[/name] – sky blue
[name]Balthazar[/name]
Benzion – son of [name]Zion[/name]
[name]Blaze[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name] – swift and strong
[name]Chaziel[/name] – prophecy of God
[name]Cruz[/name] – cross
[name]Denzel[/name] – fort, fertile land
[name]Ebenezer[/name] – stone of help
[name]Eliezer[/name] – God is help
[name]Elonzo[/name] – ready for battle
Enzi – powerful
[name]Enzo[/name] – giant
Etzel – noble
[name]Ezekiel[/name] – God strengthens
[name]Ezio[/name] – eagle
[name]Ezra[/name] – God is help
[name]Fitz[/name] – son
[name]Fitzgerald[/name] – son of [name]Gerald[/name]
[name]Hezekiah[/name] – the [name]Lord[/name] has strengthened
Hezron – enclosed
Jazael – perceives God
[name]Jazz[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name] – God has helped
[name]Lorenzo[/name]
[name]Mozart[/name]
Rozen – ruler
Salazar – old hall

I know you said you didn’t like names that start with Z but here’s some anyway. You might like one:

Zabian – one who worships celestial
[name]Zachary[/name]
Zadeer – our new son
Zadkiel – angel of mercy
[name]Zadornin[/name] – [name]Saturn[/name]
Zadrian – man from [name]Hadria[/name], dark
[name]Zaire[/name] – river
Zakai – pure, intelligent
[name]Zale[/name] – sea strength
[name]Zander[/name]
Zante – Old Greek for “island of Zakynthos”
[name]Zared[/name] – ambush
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name] – my gift;given by God
[name]Zebediah[/name] – God has Given
[name]Zebulon[/name] – exalted
[name]Zeke[/name] – shooting star, spark
Zelen – one who is innocent
[name]Zen[/name]
Zenith – from the highest point
[name]Zeno[/name] – gift of [name]Zeus[/name]
[name]Zenobius[/name] – life of [name]Zeus[/name]
Zephan – hidden by God – diminutive of Zepheniah
Zerach – glowing
[name]Zeroun[/name] – wise and respected
Zetan – olive tree
Zethan – shining
Zethus – related to [name]Zeus[/name]
[name]Zevon[/name]
Zimon – he who hears
[name]Ziven[/name] – vigorous and alive
[name]Zoran[/name] – dawn
Zosimos – able to survive
Zuriel – God is my rock
Zvon – sound of peace
[name]Zephyr[/name] – west wind

So here’s a whole lot, do you like any?

Thank you for the suggestions! I like [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Chaz[/name] but not [name]Chaziel[/name], and I like [name]Zac[/name] but not really [name]Zachary[/name]. Lol! I’m so picky, which is my problem.

The only other ones I can think of are [name]Laszlo[/name], [name]Alonso[/name]/[name]Alonzo[/name], and [name]Azariah[/name]. I have a secret love of all of these names, but they have been vetoed. [name]Azariah[/name] almost made it onto our list. It has a good meaning and it was the Hebrew name of Abednego, from the Bible story of Shadrach, [name]Meshach[/name], and Abednego, so I love the Biblical reference. We couldn’t do it though because it could easily become Az, which would likely become a$$ at some point. Still love it though! [name]Laszlo[/name] and [name]Alonso[/name] are definite guilty pleasures for me. They are just so fun to say :wink:

Well, I wouldn’t normally suggest a -z ending name with a last name starting with Z, but I do like:

Mantz [name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name] [name]Kelly[/name]

If you like [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Chaz[/name], and [name]Zac[/name], why not drop looking for a -z and simply look for a crisp, short name? You could throw in letter x, q, t, v, or o, which would look pretty cool with your Z last name… [name]Don[/name]'t forget the K in [name]Kelly[/name] or [name]Kellan[/name] is going to look and sound good with the z :slight_smile:

[name]Milo[/name] [name]Kellan[/name], Brax [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Chet[/name] [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Rafe[/name] [name]Kellan[/name], [name]Rhett[/name] [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Beau[/name] [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Lev[/name] [name]Kellan[/name], etc.

Good luck!

[name]Jabez[/name] (jay-bez) is an underused got-a-Z name I’m fond of.