Boy Sibling for Oliver

I am trying to come up with some good boy name I like boy names that are a little more unique; my hubby likes boy names that are more traditional. We definitely need to find the right name that strikes a balance.

We have a son named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. We would like to find a name that works well with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

We are considering the name [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] in honor of his BFF who passed away but I don’t love [name_m]Jon[/name_m]/[name_m]John[/name_m] which ppl will likely call him sometimes. I’m more inclined to use it as a middle name.

Here are some names we’ve been considering but haven’t quite been the winner:
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Benton[/name_m]/[name_m]Benson[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]/[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] (doesn’t work with [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m])
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]

These are names I like but have been vetoed by my hubby:
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (one of my faves)
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]

[name_m]OLIVER[/name_m] and…
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] has, and always will be, one of my favorite, favorite boy names :).

Here are some others that might work well.
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and:
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Collin[/name_m]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_u]Eliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]! There is a chance that a boy named [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] might get his name shortened to [name_m]Jon[/name_m]/[name_m]John[/name_m], but I personally know a few Jonathans who all go by their entire name. I really like the name [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but if you’re still not 100%, then here are some of my suggestions:

[name_m]Boston[/name_m]- Definitely not as traditional as the ones below, but still has that strong beginning sound.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]- A lot of the names on your list that had an “eh” prefix to them ([name_u]Emmett[/name_u]/[name_u]Everett[/name_u]) reminded me of [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. Super classy and ages well.

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]- I love this as an entire name. It might get shortened to “[name_m]Gabe[/name_m]”, but it is still a great name.

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]- This is kind of a more subtle version of [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], maybe you could use it as a first or middle name

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]- Reminds me of “[name_m]Miles[/name_m]” and I love how it rolls off the tongue

I like the idea of using [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] as a middle name, and my favorite combo for [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] as a middle would be “[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]”. For [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] as a first name, I love “[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]”. You can really mix and match a lot of these names, and maybe you could use one of your vetoed names as a middle for [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] if you’re still considering it. Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m]!

[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] sound nice as a sib set. I love the idea of honouring someone with your childs name. While [name_m]Johnathan[/name_m] is pretty long as a middle name and sounds better with a short first name, you can always just use [name_m]John[/name_m] as a middle name Like [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] ____
or [name_m]Benson[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] ______