Boy version of "Bridget"

Is there a masculine form of [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]? Or anything similar to the name for a boy?

Thanks in advance!

To my knowledge there isn’t a masculine form of [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]. So here are some variants you may (or may not) like :slight_smile: I had to get creative so bear with me!!

“Male” forms of [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] according to another name website:
Bridley, Bridd, [name_m]Ridge[/name_m]

Male names that have the same meaning as [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] (“strength” or “exalted one”):
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u], [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Garrett[/name_m], [name_m]Valentino[/name_m], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_m]Augustin[/name_m], [name_m]Fergus[/name_m], [name_m]Angus[/name_m], [name_m]Samson[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]

Male names that are spelled or sound like [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]:
[name_m]Bridger[/name_m], [name_m]Brigham[/name_m], [name_m]Briggs[/name_m], [name_u]Brighton[/name_u]

Thoughts? Sorry I couldn’t come up with anything better. Good luck!!

I also don’t know of a masculine form of [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], but here are some B names you might like instead:
[name_m]Braden[/name_m]
[name_m]Bradford[/name_m]
[name_u]Bradley[/name_u]
[name_u]Brett[/name_u]
[name_m]Brandon[/name_m]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_m]Brantley[/name_m]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]

And then, not sure if you like [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] for its Gaelic roots, but here are some Irish names in the same vein:
[name_m]Connor[/name_m]
[name_m]Sean[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Eoin[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_u]Darragh[/name_u]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_u]Reece[/name_u]

I don’t know of any traditional masculine form, but male names that are similar to [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]:

[name_m]Bridge[/name_m]
[name_m]Bridger[/name_m]
Bridges
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_m]Brigham[/name_m]
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u]

Thank you! That was very helpful.

[name_m]Bridger[/name_m] seems like the natural choice.