Boys names meaning darkness?

Wanting some names that mean darkness? Have had a bit of a look through forums but nothing that strikes me yet so thought berries might have a fresh take on the idea.

Our son is [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], meaning light, so something that is the opposite of that is what we are after. Kind of creating a yin and yang if that makes sense. I like the name [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] but OH had an old boss he hated who was a [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] so has been vetoed for sure.

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]

Maybe something here:

[name_m]Dougal[/name_m]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m] (instead of [name_u]Kieran[/name_u])
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] (could mean black or pale)
[name_m]Gethin[/name_m]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lonan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nigel[/name_m]
Maurus/[name_u]Maurice[/name_u]/[name_m]Moritz[/name_m]
[name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] (Meaning, origin and history of the name Orpheus - Behind the Name Perhaps related to Greek ο”φνη (orphne) meaning “the darkness of night”)

ETA: Orpheus’ possible meaning

This one is a little tricky because many names mean “dark hair” or “dark eyes” or “dark skin”, but it’s hard to find names with dark associations that are not physical attributes

[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]- raven
[name_m]Crawford[/name_m]- crow
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]- “dark meadow”
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]- “dark”
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]- I know that it is associated with fire, but you can see it more as ashes, which are dark
[name_m]Smith[/name_m]- like a blacksmith?
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]- “dark eyes”
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]- I’m thinking “coal”

As the above poster said- names meaning “dark hair” etc might not be what you’re looking for. Our culture is also biased towards thinking that light is good and darkness is bad, so for a name that’s inspiring instead of depressing, I’d look towards the more yin qualities you might be looking for: what’s inspiring about darkness?

[name_m]Night[/name_m], silence, intuition, these are some first associations with yin or darkness. And there are some great names out there with meanings related to night or silence, etc.

Thanks for the ideas so far- I agree with vc2013, in that I am not really looking for attributes like hair. Anyone care to share some names that mean night or silence as suggested?

[name_m]Manu[/name_m] (bird of the night)
[name_m]Mykelti[/name_m] (silent friend)

Sort of…

http://www.momjunction.com/baby-names/meaning-dark/#gref:)

I like the idea of [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] or [name_u]Blake[/name_u] as a brother to [name_m]Lucas[/name_m].

I’d also add [name_u]Carey[/name_u] (“dark, black”) and [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] (“dark warrior”) to the list.

Adiran means [name_m]Man[/name_m] from [name_f]Hadria[/name_f]; Dark One; A variant form of [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], and Dade means Dark One, but they don’t exactly roll off the tongue.

I immediately thought of [name_m]Cole[/name_m].

That’s such a cute idea!

Maybe these?
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_m]Colten[/name_m]
[name_m]Kage[/name_m]
Ozul

I do like jessie’s suggestion of [name_m]Cole[/name_m], though, it goes so well with [name_m]Lucas[/name_m].