Boy's names that don't end in -en.

[name]Jill[/name]~
Random question for you: [name]Do[/name] you happen to know if [name]Tolliver[/name] rhymes with [name]Oliver[/name] or if the beginning is like the word toll?
I assumed it sounded like [name]Oliver[/name] but realized I could be mistaken and can’t seem to find anything about it anywhere but Nameberry!

Oh, and I think I may make your chicken wild rice soup for my brother and sister-in-law who are visiting us on Thursday! Wish me luck! :slight_smile:

unicorngal~
[name]Happy[/name] birthday to your daughter!, and I’ll send prayers for those twins! My friend has a son in the NICU who was born at 28 weeks. It’s incredible what we can do with modern technology!
Let us know when they are born!

[name]Felix[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Seamus[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Tobias/name, [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Keanu[/name], [name]Jude[/name]

Good luck!

Dovette, from what I know, [name]Tolliver[/name] does rhyme with [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though toll is pronounced with a long O sound, I automatically pronounced [name]Tolliver[/name] like [name]Oliver[/name].

Aha! I Googled [name]Tolliver[/name], and so far, everything I’ve found says it rhymes with [name]Oliver[/name]. :slight_smile:

You may make the soup? Woo-hoo! Everyone I’ve made it for so far has loved it, and a non-soup cooker with whom I shared the recipe had no trouble with it, either!

I just want to add that the wild rice should be plain wild rice, and not from a boxed mix with seasoning. Also, when the soup is done, I pour in about another cup or so (sometimes more) of broth because so much evaporates when it’s cooking.

[name]Dove[/name], you can do it!!! It’s so easy (but you don’t have to let your relatives in on the secret). :wink:

(And Unie, the babies are in my thoughts and prayers…)

Take care! :slight_smile:

Dovette, from what I know, [name]Tolliver[/name] does rhyme with [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though toll is pronounced with a long O sound, I automatically pronounced [name]Tolliver[/name] like [name]Oliver[/name].

Aha! I Googled [name]Tolliver[/name], and so far, everything I’ve found says it rhymes with [name]Oliver[/name]. :slight_smile:

You may make the soup? Woo-hoo! Everyone I’ve made it for so far has loved it, and a non-soup cooker with whom I shared the recipe had no trouble with it, either!

I just want to add that the wild rice should be plain wild rice, and not from a boxed mix with seasoning. Also, when the soup is done, I pour in about another cup or so (sometimes more) of broth because so much evaporates when it’s cooking.

[name]Dove[/name], you can do it!!! It’s so easy (but you don’t have to let your relatives in on the secret). :wink:

(And Unie, the babies are in my thoughts and prayers…)

Take care! :-)[/quote]

Thanks for the info on [name]Tolliver[/name], [name]Jill[/name]! I guess I didn’t search hard enough :slight_smile: I like it best as rhyming with [name]Oliver[/name] anyway, so I’m happy to hear it!

I’ll have to let you know how the soup turns out! I’m excited!

Have a good night!

I’ll be sending you good wishes on soup day. :slight_smile: Thursday, right? Hey, do you like [name]Gulliver[/name]? It reminds me of [name]Tolliver[/name] and I can see it with your boys’ names. [name]Just[/name] thought I’d throw it out there in case it hasn’t been suggested already. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile: