Boys Names

See the results of this poll: Vote on our boys name!

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Crosby : 3 (7%)
  • Oliver : 13 (29%)
  • Leo : 23 (51%)
  • Taves: 6 (13%)

I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

My favorite here is [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], it’s a classic and beautiful name.
Although I love the name [name_m]Leo[/name_m]; right now, the name is at the top and in 10 years, there are going to be 10 [name_m]Leos[/name_m] in one class. Consider it.

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] gets my vote! [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is nice, but I’ve never been able to get into it–I much prefer the feminine similar options–[name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is certainly handsome, though, and I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] would be a dashing combo! I also love the idea of [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Crosby[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

I really wish people wouldn’t say things like this–it perpetuates the idea that there still are 10 of any given name in each classroom, which simply is not true. If we went by averages, you’d be lucky if there was more than one [name_u]Noah[/name_u] in each grade, much less classroom. Popular names aren’t given as frequently as they once were. And true, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] hasn’t been as high as it is now since 1937, at number 97, but [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is way higher at number 32, and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is used more than double the amount of times that [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is being used. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] may be classic, but it’s no more classic than [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is. In fact, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]'s all-time high would suggest that it’s even trendier than [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is.

Well…
My uncle was classmate of 7 [name_m]Rodrigo[/name_m] during his middle school years. I myself was colleague of 8 [name_f]Maria[/name_f] and 5 [name_m]Pedro[/name_m] and too many [name_f]Ana[/name_f] s. What I’m saying is: you never know.

Though, about the statistics, I’m sure you know way more than I! :smiley:

I’m sure it varies from country to country, as well. I didn’t go to school with another [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] until high school, but I had one course in college with THREE Ashleys, and we all sat next to each other. It’s true that you never know, but in the US, the percentage using top 10 names has greatly diminished over the past several decades. Now we’re lucky if a top 10 name has 1% of the newborn population.

I like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], of them my favorite is [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] are my favorites. I ended up voting for [name_m]Leo[/name_m] because I’m not a fan of the nickname [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]. I prefer [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] without a nickname and [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] feels unavoidable…