Brady

WDYT of [name]Brady[/name] on a girl? I love this name for both genders but I think it has great crossover potential. I have seen it used before and I know of one woman who is pregnant with a girl and [name]Brady[/name] is in her top 3. So it is not like it is unheard of. [name]Do[/name] you think it will catch on?

I really don’t think [name]Brady[/name] is a good idea for a girl–it’s so masculine to me, and even though a few others like it/have used it, I think it’s one of those names that would be slightly jarring to see. I’m not a fan of boys’/unisex names on girls at all, as you know, but even if I didn’t mind unisex names, I don’t know that I could get behind the name [name]Brady[/name] on a girl. It just sounds so boyish to me, especially with similar names like [name]Brody[/name] and [name]Grady[/name] (not to mention [name]Braden[/name] and Grayden) that are all reasonably popular for boys.

AWW how sweet! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Brady[/name] for a girl as you can probably tell it is my daughters name! I think [name]Brady[/name] is great for boys and we had originally chosen it for a boy but it just fit our [name]Brady[/name] perfectly!!! I think it is just great!! We call our [name]Brady[/name] “Braids” sometimes for short :slight_smile:

I dislike it for a girl and have only known males named [name]Brady[/name].

Well I know several boy Bradys and I have a little cousin named [name]Brady[/name]. Also, I think of [name]Tom[/name] [name]Brady[/name]…so very masculine to me.

It is totally a boy name to me, but, at the same time, I think names ending in Y have the potential to be feminine.

@ashthedreamer - I did think you would not be a fan lol, I agree that the similarity to [name]Brody[/name] might me a little to much for a little girl

@mommy2five - that is so cute that you have a little female [name]Brady[/name] :slight_smile: I [name]LOVE[/name] your sibset!

I can see how it could work but I am not the biggest fan. I am really loving this name for a boy right now! I don’t think it really works as a girl on your sibset. If I saw [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Brady[/name] or Irelyn and [name]Brady[/name], I would assume first off that [name]Brady[/name] was a boy. If I saw [name]Channing[/name], [name]Logan[/name], and [name]Brady[/name] I would also assume [name]Brady[/name] was their brother not their sister. I think [name]Brady[/name] works perfectly in Mommy2Five’s sibset though. [name]Brady[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], and [name]Quinn[/name] does not really give any idea as to which are what genders. If you love it then go for it, but you might want to look more closely to the names you put with it.

I don’t care much for it on a girl, it just seems too ‘boy’ to me.