🌼 brantley + bentley?

I’ve really been crushing on both [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] and [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] lately for both genders, but I’ve been leaning more towards them for my girl’s list. I’ve seen both on instagram mom blogs quite a bit as girls names, and the -lee sound ending matches a lot of names on my girls list - [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_f]Everlee[/name_f], [name_u]Berkeley[/name_u], etc.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think either name could work for a girl? I’m digging [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] / [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] atm.

Which one of the two do you prefer for my list? And/or with big brother [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]? (list shown below):

[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Remington[/name_u]
Delainey/Delaynie
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f]
Everlee/Everleigh
[name_u]Berkeley[/name_u]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_u]Landry[/name_u]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]

thanks!

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] for a girl, [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] feels masculine to me x

2 Likes

I agree with @CashTheUnicorn, of the two Bentley definitely feels more neutral x

1 Like

I like [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. I think the traditional feminine middle is really great in this combo. [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] is fine too but I think about the car so for me its more meh. It feels pretty natural with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] since they share some sounds.

2 Likes

I think [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] is my favorite of the two—especially with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] for the meaning. I think it works well with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u].

1 Like

I can imagine both working on a girl and I’m surprising myself by liking [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] more! It’s kind of snappy and cool and I think it works with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] (and your list!) I also think [name_u]Bran[/name_u], [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and [name_f]Bibi[/name_f] are cute nicknames.

some further optional ramblings about bentley

I feel like [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] will be preferred in general, but the car association, the Great Expectations character association put me off and the fact the Bentleys I’ve met have been troublesome (definitely a sweeping statement and I wouldn’t assume all Bentleys were like that, but it just means the shine is off the name for me). Anyway, those are me problems and overall, I think I just like [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] best.

1 Like

I’m liking [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] for your list. While I’m more familiar with [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] as a name, my feeling is that it reads more brother than sister to [name_u]Rhett[/name_u].

[name_m]Brantley[/name_m] introduces some new sounds and the off beat energy makes it feel more versatile and fun. [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a great combination.

1 Like

I think [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] would work well!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m glad both options work well :relaxed: I’ll have to run them by S/O when the time comes and see which he prefers! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Brantley[/name_m]! Overall and especially for a girl! I have a soft spot for neutral / masculine first names with a soft and feminine middle name, so [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is lovely in my opinion! [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] + [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] go great together!

i like brantley a lot! bentley sounds a lot more like a dog name to me and has the car association. brantley and rhett sound adorable together!