"Brat" names

Are there any names that you would never use because they immediately make you think “spoiled brat”? I’m not talking just based on personal associations here… but purely because of the name itself and the vibe it gives off.

I’m afraid that the name we’re considering for our son ([name]Connor[/name]) is one of these names… I think it sounds like a cute name for a little boy, but when I try to picture a [name]Connor[/name] who is a pre-teen/teenager I don’t immediately think “Oh, he would be the nice, sensitive guy in his class!”.

I think any [name]Kiley[/name], [name]Miley[/name], and [name]Riley[/name]'s sound brat like.
Others:
Any [name]Braden[/name], [name]Aiden[/name] and [name]Caden[/name] as well.
[name]Jacob[/name] sounds like a brat too.

I can’t think of any ‘brat’ names. Perhaps [name]Megan[/name] but I think that’s more from personal association. From [name]Connor[/name] I get am image of a nice all round guy who’s good at sports and generally up for a laugh. Not overly sensitive but just an average teen.

[name]Ellie[/name]

I don’t get that vibe from [name]Connor[/name] at all. I don’t think you can really see a personality future by a name without using personal associations. I think the best way to prevent your child from being a brat is not by giving them the perfect name, but by raising them right :wink:

The only teen [name]Connor[/name] I ever met was a very nice boy, and had a younger brother named [name]Tanner[/name], also a very nice kid.

I don’t get a brat vibe with [name]Connor[/name] at ALL.
A brat name to me is [name]Bridget[/name] or [name]Hailey[/name], only because I went to school with a few and they were snotty. Personal association more than anything!

I wouldn’t have thought of [name]Connor[/name] as a brat!

I think of [name]Mason[/name], [name]Brittney[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], and any of the made up "aden"s…

Oh, I don’t get that at all! I’ve never met a teenage [name]Connor[/name], though, so I wouldn’t know. It’s very much like [name]Nolan[/name] to me - he sounds like a good boy.

Brat names? Well, I personally think [name]Portia[/name] and [name]Bianca[/name] sound like snotty, snobby girls, but I know not everyone agrees with that…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t say that [name]Conner[/name] is a “brat” name. However, I’ve never met a [name]Conner[/name] who wasn’t a troublemaker.

I can’t get a “vibe” from a name. [name]Every[/name] name I have issues with is due to a personal association. But, with my baby girl on the way and the name [name]Francesca[/name] being the top contender, I’ve gotten some comments about how that sounds “uppity” and “snobby”.

Well, from personal experience, these are brat names to me: [name]Brittany[/name], [name]Tanya[/name], [name]Andrea[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Derrick[/name], [name]Oliver[/name]. Actually, these are a few of the kids how are mean to me. I think some of these can be nice names.

I think the name doesn’t “make” the kid…it’s how he or she is brought up!

P.S.- The ultimate brat name…[name]Angelica[/name] (from Rugrats?!)!!!