Bria vs Briana

I thought I was sure that one of my twin girls would be [name_f]Bria[/name_f], but then I saw [name_f]Briana[/name_f]… [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think a longer name is better, or should I stick with [name_f]Bria[/name_f]?

4 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Briana[/name_f] it’s so adorable! I also adore [name_f]Tiana[/name_f].

Bria is short, modern, and sweet!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f], it’s lively and sweet, [name_f]Briana[/name_f] feels dated to me.

2 Likes

I agree with a PP - [name_f]Briana[/name_f] feels dated, [name_f]Bria[/name_f] feels fresher.

I LOVE [name_f]Brianna[/name_f]!

I prefer longer names with short nicknames as I feel like it gives the child some versatility or room to grow into the name. I can see [name_f]Bria[/name_f] being super cute on a young child but [name_f]Briana[/name_f] on a Prime Minister (I grew up with a [name_u]Bobby[/name_u] who goes by [name_m]Bob[/name_m] and [name_m]Robert[/name_m] now)

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Briana[/name_f], it feels more elegant & complete, and you can always use [name_f]Bria[/name_f] as a nn.

I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f] over [name_f]Briana[/name_f], but [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] over [name_f]Bria[/name_f].

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. Seems like a full name to me! I know one and it works well on her!

1 Like

I prefer just [name_f]Bria[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. [name_f]Briana[/name_f] feels a little dated, and [name_f]Bria[/name_f] feels more modern and less common.

1 Like

BRia, [name_f]Brianna[/name_f], & [name_f]Briana[/name_f] are all acceptable. I feel like [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] & [name_f]Briana[/name_f] have a bratty stigma, but do them if you love them! I saw your earlier post & I love [name_f]Bria[/name_f] for your family, so stick with what you love!

If you want opinions, than I say go [name_f]Bria[/name_f].

I also agree that [name_f]Bria[/name_f] feels fresher, neater, more elegant & compact, as well as less dated then [name_m]Brian[/name_m](n)a.

1 Like

I really like both, that’s a tough choice! I think I would go with [name_f]Briana[/name_f], then I could call her [name_f]Bri[/name_f] or [name_f]Bria[/name_f] as a nn. But if that doesn’t sound right to you, [name_f]Bria[/name_f] must be the better option!

I’d go with [name_f]Bria[/name_f]—short but memorable and energetic!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Briana[/name_f] better but I like it spelled [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] best.

I’ve taught dozens of Briannas so I would go with [name_f]Bria[/name_f] (or my favorite, [name_f]Bryony[/name_f]).

2 Likes

Briana because it can be shortened to [name_f]Bria[/name_f]. [name_f]Bria[/name_f] also reminds me of cheese.