Briar Rose as a name? Lily-Rose?

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name] was the name given to [name]Princess[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] in the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty. It’s the actual name of the princess in the Grimm Brother’s version of the story. From the moment I heard it, I thought it was really lovely, and I’ve contempted naming my child that name. I’d likely call her “[name]Rosie[/name]” for short.
Here’s some possible name ideas:
[ul]

[/ul]

Also, I’ve always thought that [name]Johnny[/name] Depp’s daughter, [name]Lily[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Melody[/name], has one of the cutest names in existence. I think I heard somewhere that they call her “[name]Lily[/name]” for short. What’s your opinion on [name]Lily[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]? In case you’re wondering, I wouldn’t name one of my daughters [name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and the other [name]Lily[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]. That’s too many Roses! Lol. I’d call her “[name]Lily[/name]” or “[name]Lilou[/name]” for short.
Here’s some possible name ideas:
[ul]

[/ul]

That’s all I can think of right now. [name]Do[/name] any of you have any more ideas? Please share!

It seems as tho’ you’re quite fond of [name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name]… are you asking “[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name] as a name?” to see if people think it’s a good name or just looking for a middle name?

If it’s the latter, I kinda liked [name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Clementine[/name].

This next issue gets a little …ummmm, thorny (chuckle) cuz some people on these boards seem to ask a question but then are annoyed if people don’t love a name as much as they do.

sooo…i’d assume you know this, but just in case you don’t…from Wikipedia:

“[name]Briar[/name] or brier is a common name for a number of unrelated thicket-forming thorny plants, including species in these genera:
[name]Rosa[/name] ([name]Rose[/name])
Rubus (disambiguation) (see also bramble)”

[name]Rose[/name] is the pretty part - [name]Briar[/name] is the part that cuts people, and is very difficult to get out of one’s garden if it’s overgrown w/ brambles.

now MAYBE you’re going for a kind of ironic juxtaposition thing… let’s see if i cna think of an example… “marilyn manson” is kind of extreme (movie star/murderer) but works… um, let’s see… another example would be a beautiful song with kind of twisted, disturbing lyrics. Artistically, this is a cool, bold way to go. [name]Just[/name] be sure you know what you’re getting into!

from the naming world, I thought for a second about naming our daughter “[name]Marisol[/name]” which literally means “bitter sun.” two ideas that are seemingly opposite (bitter vs. sunny) I loved it, BUT a number of people pointed out that this sounds like “aerosol” and that was that. lol.

sooooo if you want to avoid the [name]Briar[/name] Patch (see other vintage era Disney film, “Song of the South” where Br’er Rabbit gets caught in one) [name]Lily[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] would be the safer bet!

good luck!

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a little too literal for me but it is nice. I feel like [name]EVERY[/name] little girls mn is [name]ROSE[/name], too common. I love [name]Briar[/name] so cute. I know a little [name]Briar[/name] and it fits her.