Briar-Rose Jane or Aurora Rose

Yes… I love Sleeping Beauty, but more importantly I LOVE these names, but which one? [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] with the middle name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?
Or the double barrel name [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] with the middle name [name_f]Jane[/name_f]?

[name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ?

I think I prefer [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] because I find it easier to say–[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a little too r-heavy for me. [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] sounds very whimsical and pretty. But my favorite of all, if I could rearrange a little, would be [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!

4 Likes

Not sure if you’d be opposed to this, but what about [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] “[name_m]Smith[/name_m]” and then just calling her [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]? [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] doesn’t flow to my eyes.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is nice too, but a lot of “R”. More so than [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] to my ears, haha. I love @dandy_orchid 's suggestion of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], and I love it, but it’s awfully R-heavy to pair with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I like the suggestion of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]- super sweet. Or [name_u]Briar[/name_u] with the middle name [name_f]Rose[/name_f], although it’s a bit themey for my preference.

3 Likes

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is very “r” heavy. For that reason, I would go for [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] flows so much better and isn’t as clunky. Plus, there’s the thing that if you’re naming a baby, you’re going to want to think of connotations! [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] isn’t just sleeping beauty- she’s the sunrise, she’s the vibrant and bubbly, she’s doubtless dozens of other pop culture characters I’m unaware of. [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] would forever condemn her to being associated with a Disney princess in an nondetachable way(it’s not like [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f] where they used a more normal name and there’s just a looser association). I think the repeated r helps the name flow like a gentle river and it’s just so much more pleasing to my ears!

2 Likes

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is hard for me to say out loud smoothly. [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is so sweet though.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]! I’m not brave enough to use it myself, but I love that you are considering it, my fellow Sleeping Beauty fan. :slight_smile:

I vote [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!

1 Like

I personally don’t love double-barred names all that much - I feel it may overcomplicate things and (to me) doesn’t look as pretty. I do, though, like all of your names separately.

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - it flows a bit better, but [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful as well.
Then I would like to suggest [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_f]Jane[/name_f]) without the barrel. You could obviously still call her by both names, but it wouldn’t look as clunky. Nonetheless, if you personally aren’t bothered by the barrel at all, just go for it!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] but I think she would sound better with a longer middle name because [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sounds choppy to me. Maybe something like
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? I agree with suggestion of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] too ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is gorgeous

1 Like

Totally agree. I would do first name [name_u]Briar[/name_u], middle name [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

2 Likes

I also agree, [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] doesn’t sound very great to me, but I love [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first name/middle name combo.

1 Like

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is my favorite option then [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!

1 Like

I’d go with [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is not my style, although the nickname “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]” is cute.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] better. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a little redundant sounding. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] I like better.

1 Like

Ooh [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] is really pretty.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I agree with the rest. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is too ‘r’ heavy. But [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is lovely. I like just [name_u]Briar[/name_u], but am not personally a fan of double barreled names. What about [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]? Like a fn/mn combo. I also like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I almost feel like [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is more of an obvious Sleeping Beauty reference, because [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is more popular in general.

By the way, the six year old that I nanny for loves Sleeping Beauty. She’s been into Disney princesses since she was about 1.5 years old. And she’s been extremely consistent the past five years that Sleeping Beauty is #1. [name_m]Just[/name_m] thought you’d like to hear that! :grin:

1 Like

I would prefer [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but there are maybe a little bit too much r in the sound. So why not [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]?

1 Like

Hmmm

I agree with others [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is very R heavy and difficult to say I think [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] despite also being R heavy is easy to say and therefore I do prefer. Personally though my favourite out of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] & [name_u]Briar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] it’s just beautiful, has gorgeous connotations and I love [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as a nickname. I’m going to suggest [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] I think this works and still contains your [name_f]Rose[/name_f] it just breaks up the R sound making the combination easier to say. I also really like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] that’s super pretty!

1 Like