Bridget or Bridgette?

which do you prefer? what do you think of the name?

Definitely [name]Bridget[/name]! It’s simple, not as fussy, and if you spell it [name]Bridgette[/name], it looks like it’s supposed to be pronounced bridg-ETTE. I really like [name]Bridget[/name], though!

ditto

I prefer [name]Bridget[/name]…
[name]Just[/name] like I prefer [name]Juliet[/name] over [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] over [name]Violette[/name]…

And I love [name]Bridget[/name], especially for her fiery meaning! I love names connected to fire and [name]Bridget[/name] is one of the pretty ones! ^^

I really like [name]Bridget[/name]! Because the simple spelling is so standard, I think changing it would just be a headache. It also seems like with [name]Bridgette[/name] you’re trying to dress it up, which I don’t think it needs at all. [name]Brigid[/name] and [name]Brigitte[/name] are international alternatives.

If you are teaming it up with an English style name then [name]Bridget[/name] would be ideal, however, if you are teaming it up with [name]Genevieve[/name] then I would go with the beautiful spelling of [name]Brigitte[/name], pronounced as [name]Bridget[/name] or as Brig it ah.

Between [name]Bridget[/name] or [name]Bridgette[/name], I prefer [name]Bridget[/name] (and [name]Brigid[/name]), but I also love [name]Brigitte[/name].

One of my best friends is from [name]France[/name], and her mom’s name is [name]Brigitte[/name], and I think it’s very elegant. The g is pronounced with a Zh sound.

Good luck!

[name]Bridget[/name]

I like the standard english spelling, [name]Bridget[/name]. I love this name too.

I prefer [name]Bridget[/name] by a long shot. My sister’s middle name is with the Irish spelling, [name]Brigid[/name], and I like that too.

I prefer [name]Bridget[/name]. I also like [name]Brigid[/name].