Brother for Alexander

Hello all!

My hubby and I need some help deciding what to name our 2nd baby boy. Our 2 year old son’s name is [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m], he goes by [name_u]Alex[/name_u].
I like the name [name_m]William[/name_m] as a first name, but my husband likes the name [name_u]Owen[/name_u] as a first name.

I feel like [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] would be a great fit for his brother name [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. But, what about the other way around [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]? [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]… any thoughts?

Open for more suggestions :blush:

3 Likes

Hi! What strong and handsome names! I prefer [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. I like that [name_u]Owen[/name_u] matches [name_u]Alex[/name_u] in syllables, so there’s a lovely connection without being too matchy.

1 Like

Hello!

Alexander is a lovely, handsome name (my name is [name_f]Aleksandra[/name_f] “[name_f]Aleksa[/name_f]/Sasha”, so I might be biased)! [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is so cute, I love it! I’m not keen on [name_m]William[/name_m], but if you like it, go for it!

I’m thinking:
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]…aw)
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] (love this name, spelled as [name_m]Caspar[/name_m])
[name_m]Terence[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] ([name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]?)
I was going to suggest [name_u]Riley[/name_u], then I saw your username, I knew a boy called [name_u]Riley[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u] / [name_m]Emeric[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] (considering this for my baby)
[name_m]Damien[/name_m] / [name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] ([name_m]Alexander[/name_m] the Great and [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_m]Caesar[/name_m], yea?)
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Thierry[/name_m]

Hope you liked it! xx - [name_f]Aleksandra[/name_f]

2 Likes

I think they both sound great!

If you like [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] better you can use the nickname [name_u]Liam[/name_u] which is very popular right now all on its own even. [name_m]Will[/name_m] is also a good option!

Alex and [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_m]Will[/name_m]

I also like [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] :smiley:

1 Like

I think [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] flows better, and you’re right, it would make a great brother name for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. Though I do like [name_u]Alex[/name_u] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] together, too, I think [name_m]William[/name_m] is a slightly better match for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. Either way, though, you can’t go wrong. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aww I have an [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] he mostly goes by [name_u]Alex[/name_u] too. His older brother is a [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] as I liked the idea of a A and a Z.
I think [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] works with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I prefer [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] to [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m].

1 Like

@anon68906791 said it all 100% agreed :grin:

1 Like

Both [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are lovely names, cool classics :sunglasses:

I agree with you about the order: [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] as a brother for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is perfect.

1 Like

I like both. [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_m]Will[/name_m] or [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] both sound good to me.

1 Like

Hi there.

Alexander [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is very handsome. I like both [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] as a brother for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I think w/William, you’re more likely to get nns that you may or may not want. That’s just something to consider. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]Will[/name_m]? If so, [name_m]William[/name_m] is a good choice. I love [name_u]Billy[/name_u] myself, but I think a [name_m]William[/name_m] is less likely to get [name_u]Billy[/name_u] vs. [name_m]Will[/name_m], unless you specifically say that he goes by [name_u]Billy[/name_u]. Make sense? If you like just [name_m]William[/name_m], but wouldn’t be super offended by an occasional [name_m]Will[/name_m], then [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is a beautiful choice. Although, truth be told, I kind of love the idea of [name_u]Alex[/name_u] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] for brothers. Something about the four letters looks really nice. [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] is a fantastic combo.

Here are a few other names that you may like:

Benjamin

Bennett

Charles

Dominic

Elliott

Eli(jah/as?)

Ellis

Henry

Holden

Julian

Jonah

Levi

Maximus

Nathan

Nathaniel

Oliver

Oscar

Peter

Theodore

Wesley

Zachary

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your comments! We have been giving it a lot of thought. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I really like [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u], we are leaning towards [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] hubby really is in love with the name and since I picked our first baby’s name I think is fair he gets to do it this time around :blush:… and to be completely honest I am starting to really love the name [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. So it is all working out.

Thank you all so much for your comments and name suggestions! :heart:

4 Likes

I love [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u]

William [name_u]Owen[/name_u] would be a wonderful match for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!