Brother for Alexis (b)

We have a son called [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and we are expecting our second boy who will be arriving at the end of [name_f]September[/name_f].

So far, we have thought of using:
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Eduardo[/name_m]
Feren (family name. Too weird?)
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximo[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
Arcas (Too weird? Also a little bit close to [name_u]Alexis[/name_u])
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
Fenris (another family name)

This is all we’ve got so far. But nothing is standing out. Any ideas? FYI My name is [name_f]Maria[/name_f], and my husband is [name_u]James[/name_u]. We’re looking for some fresh ideas!

I like [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] and [name_m]Maximo[/name_m] best from your list. The family names are a little out there for a first name but would be nice as an honour name in the middle spot. [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and…

[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] Fenris
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] [name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximo[/name_m] Feren
[name_m]Maximo[/name_m] [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m]

Thanks! I thought the family names were a little strange but we added them anyway. I think we will use them in the middle if we use them at all. I like [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] with [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] and [name_m]Maximo[/name_m] with Feren, thank you!

I love [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and [name_m]Maximo[/name_m]!

[name_m]Hector[/name_m] is another favorite that I cannot use so I would love to see it used! I don’t know whether [name_m]Hector[/name_m] and [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] “go” as well, but they are awesome names.

My favorites from your list are:

1. [name_m]Maximo[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Hector[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]

Good luck!

Suggestions:
[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
Isodore
[name_m]Valor[/name_m]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]

Thanks! I love [name_m]Hector[/name_m] too, but I wasn’t sure how well it went with [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]. We’re not too concerned about that though, we just don’t want it to sound awful.

I like [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] and [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] from that list, thanks!

We also like [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], I forgot to add that to the first post!!

[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and [name_m]Maximo[/name_m]! Second choice is [name_m]Hector[/name_m].

[name_m]Hector[/name_m] & [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m] - Being British, I don’t hear these names very often but I think they are perfectly good names
Feren - Not heard it before, it is a little unusual but could be good as a MN, especially if it’s a family name
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this name, sadly DH has vetoed it for our kids! It goes great with [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]IMO[/name_f].
[name_m]Maximo[/name_m] - I like it, but personally I prefer [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] or [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] as a ‘[name_u]Max[/name_u]’ name.
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m] - I really like [name_m]Bruno[/name_m], and I don’t think it gets its fair share of attention.
Arcas - I don’t like the harsh sound of this name, especially compared with sweet-sounding [name_u]Alexis[/name_u].
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - Very cute, it’s been overused in my country so I am a bit tired of it now, but if it’s still fresh where you are I’d say go ahead
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m] - Not keen, makes me think of [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] the Terrible
Fenris - I would say this is too close to [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] as it has the same ending

My favourite from your names is [name_m]Dominic[/name_m], I think the two names go so well together and it is the kind of name that goes with a lot of MNs, so you could have [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] Feren for instance if you wanted to use a family name. [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] would be my second favourite.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] seen your post above - I like [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] too and think it works very well with [name_u]Alexis[/name_u].
A lot of your suggested names end in -o sounds, have you thought about [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]? [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] might be a bit close to [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] though with the A and L sounds.

I like [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]. We had a family dog called Mylo, so [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is kind of… dogish(?) to me. Hahaha, I like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] too but it feels a little too close. Thanks!