Brother for Asher and Micah?

We’re expecting our third boy. [name]Both[/name] of our older sons have biblical names with meanings that are important to us - [name]Asher[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Micah[/name] [name]Joel[/name].

With our third boy on the way, we’re a little stuck. Many of our friends have also chosen sort of cool, not weird but not overly common, names from the Bible. [name]Eli[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Cade[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Johan[/name], [name]Judah[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], etc.

I really like the name [name]Zephaniah[/name], or possibly just Zephan. Thoughts? Middle name ideas? This name means “protected or hidden by God” which is really cool, because I’ve had a complicated pregnancy and our little guy has been totally protected.

Any other ideas?

Well, first off, I have to say Congrats! I love [name]Asher[/name] & [name]Micah[/name] as siblings. [name]Zephaniah[/name] is really great but a bit more offbeat than his brothers. That may bother him in alter years and I’m not fond of shorteneing Biblical names overmuch ([name]Abraham[/name]/[name]Abram[/name]/[name]Bram[/name] even bothers me). And Zephan’s going to be mistaken for [name]Stephen[/name] quite often, a lot of folks will think he’s got it spelled wrong!

Some other suggestions:
The aforementioned [name]Stephen[/name], uncommon but familiar and fits well with [name]Asher[/name] & [name]Micah[/name].
[name]Joah[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]/[name]Simeon[/name] ([name]Simeon[/name] would be fantasic with [name]Asher[/name] & [name]Micah[/name])
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Mordecai[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Samson[/name] (I realise he’d probably end up [name]Sam[/name], but how much more distinctive in full is [name]Samson[/name]?)
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name]

Anything there jump out at you? I hope it helps some!

What about
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Nehemiah[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Job/name
[name]Mathias[/name]

Sorry for repeats! :slight_smile:

[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Abram[/name] ([name]Abraham[/name]'s original name in the Bible…not a nickname for [name]Abraham[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] (nn [name]Zeke[/name])
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] (close to [name]Micah[/name]'s sound, though)
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Lev[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Tobiah[/name] (then again, it has [name]Micah[/name]'s ending)
[name]Tobias[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

What about [name]Aram[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name]? [name]Love[/name] [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Micah[/name].
[name]Ariel[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]? [name]Ari[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]? [name]Jonah[/name] Matan?
I have a student who is named “[name]Aish[/name]” which means fire or flame. I think that name is really cool. Maybe [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Aish[/name]? You’d have a cool fire and water theme going there.

TSEPHANYAH (???): Hebrew name meaning “hidden by God” or “protected by God.” In the bible, this is the name of several characters, including the ninth of the minor prophets. [name]Zephaniah[/name] is the English form.

Looking at the Hebrew it seems to say [name]Seth[/name] to me. The boy’s name [name]Seth[/name]. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is “set, appointed”

[name]Seth[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Seth[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

It even reminds me of [name]Ethan[/name]

[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Titus[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

It also reminds me of [name]Stephen[/name]

[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Noah[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name] [name]Timothy[/name]

I love [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Micah[/name]. [name]Zephaniah[/name] is rarer than his brothers and also more outright biblical. [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Micah[/name] are recognizable as biblical figures but [name]Zephaniah[/name] is maybe less accessible if that makes any sense. I think maybe that’s where you were going with Zephan. Zephan fits better but I don’t know if it is an acceptable variation. I like pp’s suggestion of [name]Jonah[/name] but it shares [name]Micah[/name]'s ending. [name]How[/name] about:
[name]Ephraim[/name]: fruitful
[name]Ezekiel[/name]: God strengthens
[name]Gabriel[/name]: strong man of God
[name]Gideon[/name]: feller (not the best meaning for you, probably, but I do love this name)
[name]Jeremiah[/name]/[name]Jeremy[/name]: God has uplifted
[name]Lemuel[/name]: belonging to God
[name]Reuben[/name]: behold, a son
[name]Saul[/name]: prayed for
[name]Simeon[/name]: He has heard
[name]Timon[/name]: honor, esteem

Good luck!

[name]Asher[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name] fits so well for me.