Brother for Hannah

Hello everyone,

We are currently expecting our second child, a brother for [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. We actually find boy names much easier than girl names, and yet that is working against us as we like too many. Our last name is B……er. We currently have it narrowed down to this top 10 (not really in order), but this could change any moment haha:

Finn
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Sam[/name_u]’
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Seb[/name_m]’
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Tom[/name_m]’
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Olly[/name_u]’
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Nick[/name_u]’
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

Which one is your favorite or do you have any other suggestions (but please no long lists, we’ve had plenty of those :grin:)?

I think all of those are amazing names! You couldn’t go wrong with any of them.

I think [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] go especially well with a sister named [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].

I think [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] works best with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]!

I like [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] a lot, although it does make me think of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] in the Bible who was [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]’s mother.

I also like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].

1 Like

Samuel or [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] sound great with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

I love alliteration so my heart likes [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. However I think it might be pretty popular .

Samuel is the first name that jumped off the list for me !

Congratulations!! Boys are sooo much fun !

I think [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is my top pick with [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] as runner-up. All pretty solid choices though.

Hi there.

Hannah is lovely.

Here are my thoughts for a little brother-

Finn-I just love this name. It’s witty, sporty, fresh yet not made-up modern. It’s not what I’d first pair w/Hannah, but it doesn’t clash.

Samuel-I love this one too. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is just so smart, kind & down to earth. Plus, [name_u]Sam[/name_u] is sporty & outdoorsy. Super perfect w/Hannah.

Liam-I love it. It has all of those good similar qualities as [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Obviously way popular, & not my first pick w/Hannah. It works though.

Sebastian-This is dashing. [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_m]Seb[/name_m] are unexpected but really cute. I also love the nns [name_m]Satch[/name_m] & Bash.

Jack-A handsome classic. Smart, kind, friendly, simple, grows up well. All of the good qualities! Really popular, but for a good reason.

Thomas-I think that [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is a good solid name. I’m not super big on [name_m]Tom[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] seems a little dated.

Oliver-That’s adorable & works fairly well w/Hannah. Kind of quirky yet handsome & classic.

Nicholas-[name_u]Nick[/name_u] seems a little dated & kind of bro-ish. I love [name_u]Nico[/name_u] or [name_m]Cole[/name_m] for nns. Or [name_m]Nils[/name_m]!

Henry-I love this. As long as you don’t think that two ‘H’ names is cheesy. They go really well together style wise. It’s so common though, but a great name.

Arthur-This is the least expected on your list, honestly. I really like it. It’s classic, a little quirky & grows up well. Goes really well w/Hannah, but like I said, the most interesting on your list.

A few more ideas-

Charlie

Eli

George

Isaac

Joel

Levi

Matthew

Otis

Peter

Silas

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

My favourites is [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], closely followed by [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. After that my choices would be [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m], then [name_u]Finn[/name_u], then [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] are fine, just not my style. I also think [name_m]Xavier[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] would suit [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].

Arthur, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], & [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] are my favorites on your list

First thing that came to mind was [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]”

Other ideas

Hannah & ________:

Preston
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]/Everett
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Connor[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]

My SO is named [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] “[name_u]Sam[/name_u]” and his sister is [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]!

I really like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] as well.

From the looks of it you have a really consistent naming style; friendly traditional names, most with consistent usage throughout history. The names that strike me as the best fit with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] are [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] due to their simplicity, timeless usage and shared origins.

Some ways you could narrow down your list further: Time. It often goes that a couple favourites will emerge as time passes. You could imagine each name on different people of different ages (perhaps at the supermarket) and see which names are the most versatile, that you see working on most people. You could try out each name on your bump for a day and see if your feelings for any names change. You and your partner could give each name a ranking between 1 and 3 and then remove any names which you both voted the lowest, and focus on any names you both voted the highest.

All the best with your decision.

Wow, so many replies already, thank you so much for all your great input! We are definitely not religious, so we have no idea who the names refer to in the Bible and it’s not a concern for us. Popularity isn’t a concern either. We firmly believe that names are popular for a reason and in the end, we just want to give names we love without looking at what other parents do.

Just like the majority of replies, we are currently leaning towards the more classic, timeless names on our list. They are names we love and they just feel solid and can’t-go-wrong. We’d love to have such a stability in our children’s names (we happen to have very common names ourselves). On the other hand, we’d also love to go a bit more quirky and unexpected with the other names. But which we are leaning towards still changes by day, sometimes even by hour haha. We’re currently 30 weeks on the way, so we still have time, luckily.

From your suggestions we really really like Silas, but we’re afraid this establishes a pattern of starting and ending with the same letter and we will definitely TTC more children after this one. We also love Hugo, Jasper and Caleb (lil’ Cal :heart_eyes:).

Again, thank you so much already. We’ve been on other forums, and these are the quickest, most elaborate replies we’ve had. Great community here!

1 Like

I love classic names for [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]’s brother. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] are perfect. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] are [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] (my favorite), [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m].

Your list is magnificent! It’s really hard to choose just one or two names because they’re all so handsome and amazing.

My favorite with [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]! I grounded classic with a slight vintage vibe, not overly trendy.

Jacob
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]