Brother for Harvey James

I love that my first son’s name is both traditional and unique - we have never met another young [name]Harvey[/name]. It fits him really well!

We’re expecting another boy in [name]September[/name], and are having trouble coming up with something else that a) isn’t super popular among our peer group, and b) that we both love.

Here are a few contenders, just to give you a sense of where our naming styles meet, although none of them seem a perfect fit (some are super popular, some have connotations I’m not in love with, some I can live with but don’t pop for me):

[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Frank[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]

I’d love feedback / suggestions!

[name]Charlie[/name] - don’t think I’d pair this with [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] - doesn’t seem very strong next to [name]Harvey[/name], but I do like it
[name]Oscar[/name] - My favorite on your list
[name]Frank[/name] - I have a friend who’s dad we call [name]Frank[/name] the Tank. That’s all I think of…
[name]Wyatt[/name] - This is so cowboy to me
[name]Ian[/name] - My second fav on your list :slight_smile:
[name]Calvin[/name] - Hmmm…maybe this is second and [name]Ian[/name] is third…

Suggestions:
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Griffith[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

First off, I love the name [name]Harvey[/name]! Great choice :). Some of my other favorites that you might like because of our similar tastes:

[name]Abner[/name]
[name]Clarence[/name]
[name]Earnest[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Giles[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Norris[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Sebastien[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]

[name]Charlie[/name] - A bit rhymey
[name]Elliott[/name] - I like it! Though it’s a lot more common than [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] - Great with [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Frank[/name] - Not my favorite, but it works. Would it be [name]Francis[/name] nn [name]Frank[/name]?
[name]Wyatt[/name] - This would work wonderfully with [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] - Again, nice but a lot more common I think
[name]Calvin[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this, plus you could use the nn [name]Cal[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name] are great together, and my second favorite would be [name]Calvin[/name]. I have always loved that name.

I love [name]Harvey[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name] together. They are so handsome and refreshing.

A few others, sorry for repeats:
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Nigel[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Frank[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

My friend’s son is [name]Harvey[/name] and his brother’s name is [name]Hugo[/name].

I love [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name]!!!

I met a baby [name]Harvey[/name] just the other day and thought it was such a great name! He had a twin brother named [name]Leon[/name] :slight_smile:

I really like all the names on your list, but I feel [name]Frank[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] go the best with [name]Harvey[/name]. I would probably choose one of them.

I like [name]Oscar[/name] paired with [name]Harvey[/name] [name]James[/name] the best from your list. Here are some other suggestions:
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Albion[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Laurence[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Eugene[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]

Wow, [name]Harvey[/name] [name]James[/name] is great! I love the name [name]Harvey[/name]!

[name]Charlie[/name] - I think this is to informal with [name]Harvey[/name]. Also a bit too common.
[name]Elliott[/name] - This one feels a bit modern with the more vintage [name]Harvey[/name]. It’s a great name, but it just doesn’t fit right with [name]Harvey[/name], imo.
[name]Oscar[/name] - Great! I love [name]Oscar[/name] and I think it goes very nicely with [name]Harvey[/name]. It has a vintage feel but it’s not musty. My favorite on your list.
[name]Frank[/name] - Hm, I’m not sure how I feel about [name]Frank[/name]. It’s definitely unusual on a baby nowadays, but it feels a bit informal. [name]How[/name] about using something like [name]Franklin[/name] nn [name]Frank[/name]? [name]Franklin[/name] is sorely underused and would go fabulously with [name]Harvey[/name].
[name]Wyatt[/name] - Feels too modern/popular with [name]Harvey[/name].
[name]Ian[/name] - This works with [name]Ian[/name] but feels a bit bland to me.
[name]Calvin[/name] - I like this with [name]Harvey[/name]. It fits nicely and has the sweet nickname of “[name]Cal[/name]”.

Okay, some suggestions. My Great Uncle is named [name]Harvey[/name] and he has two brothers, one is named [name]Stuart[/name] and the other is [name]Jordan[/name] (my grandfather). I think [name]Stuart[/name] would fit nicely with [name]Harvey[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are not popular now and have a vintage feel. [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Wyatt[/name] make me think of [name]Elias[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Ellis[/name] and [name]Elton[/name]. [name]Frank[/name] makes me think of [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Curt[/name] (or [name]Curtis[/name]), [name]Ned[/name] and [name]Max[/name]. [name]Ian[/name] makes me think of [name]Liam[/name], [name]Dean[/name], [name]Glen[/name], [name]Reed[/name], [name]Neil[/name] and [name]Lyle[/name]. [name]Calvin[/name] makes me think of [name]Alvin[/name], [name]Tobin[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Byron[/name], and [name]Augustin[/name]. Some other names I’m liking with [name]Harvey[/name] are [name]Lawrence[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Chester[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Wallace[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I know someone with that exact name–[name]Harvey[/name] [name]James[/name]. He was born in the '40s. Some names that go with it:

[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Stanley[/name]
[name]Roger[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Elton[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Ernest[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Claude[/name]

My fav from your list would be [name]Calvin[/name] followed by [name]Elliott[/name]. I do think that [name]Harvey[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] sound like a cute pair :slight_smile: though!