Brother for Julian? Help!

Thoughts on good sib set for [name_m]Julian[/name_m]?? (nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u]). here are the top contenders so far.
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] (love this but hoping it’s not too soft)
[name_m]Ames[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Cash[/name_m])
[name_m]Darwin[/name_m] (nn [name_f]Dari[/name_f])
[name_m]Roman[/name_m] (although feel like this is a common sibling set with [name_m]Julian[/name_m])
[name_m]Caius[/name_m] ( nn [name_u]Cai[/name_u], but feel this may sound too modern)
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Ren[/name_u], but feel this may sound too modern with [name_m]Julian[/name_m])
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]

I think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] sounds very nice. (Not too soft.)

1 Like

I like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_m]Ames[/name_m]; I like that they sound soft.

1 Like

I love your style so much! [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] would be wonderful! Not too soft imo! [name_u]Elias[/name_u] may sound a little stronger if you like that!

[name_m]Caius[/name_m] and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] would both be great with [name_m]Julien[/name_m]!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Roman[/name_m]! I don’t actually think I’d normally imagine them together, it doesn’t seem too common to me :slight_smile:
I also like [name_m]Soren[/name_m]!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Julian[/name_m] - so sweet!

I think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Wells[/name_m], and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] go perfectly with [name_m]Julian[/name_m]!
(I actually think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] sounds quite strong, and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] isn’t too modern imo!)

1 Like

I love [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] with [name_m]Julian[/name_m]! Also makes me think of [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], which I similarly love with [name_m]Julian[/name_m].

2 Likes

Go with [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], it sounds like it’s your favourite and it’s just lovely with [name_m]Julian[/name_m]. I see them both in the same way: soft, but solid and strong.

I’d also really enjoy [name_m]Ames[/name_m] and [name_m]Caius[/name_m] with [name_m]Julian[/name_m].

Maybe [name_m]Amias[/name_m]? It feels like a great match for [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and kind of blends the sounds of [name_m]Ames[/name_m] and [name_m]Caius[/name_m]… You could even use [name_m]Ames[/name_m] for short :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Love[/name_u] love your naming style. And [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is a favourite of mine!

Ellis … this one is my second favourite. I love it, it’s simple and understated , and underused in my opinion. I like the suggestion of [name_u]Elias[/name_u] too.
[name_m]Ames[/name_m]- cute name! I do not see this frequently, so I feel like it’s refreshing !

Wells… I am a big fan of surnamey names and I feel like [name_m]Wells[/name_m] fits into that. It’s not my favourite pairing with [name_m]Julian[/name_m] though.

Caius… I feel like this would be confused with [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]. It feels hard to pronounce with so many vowels and it might be misspelled frequently. I love [name_m]Julian[/name_m] And [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] together though.

Darwin. This one gets my vote! I love [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] with [name_m]Julian[/name_m]. It’s so unexpected and handsome and I love the nickname potential!

Roman… I’m sorry I love [name_m]Roman[/name_m] but all I can see is [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] when I see this set together.

Soren. I really want to like [name_m]Soren[/name_m] but all I see is Sore.

Ford … another surname favourite of mine! It just feels a little unfinished next to [name_m]Julian[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Caius[/name_m] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] sound great!
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is cute but not too soft, [name_m]Roman[/name_m] fits stylistically and in feel and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Caius[/name_m] feel classical and cool

1 Like

Have you thought of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]? They really sprung to mind when reading your list. [name_m]Ames[/name_m] is also beautiful…

With [name_m]Caius[/name_m] - how would you pronounce it? ca-EYE-us, ca-EE-us, or, as in the Cambridge college, ‘[name_m]Keys[/name_m]’ is also an option. I like ca-EYE-us and [name_m]Caius[/name_m] looks beautiful on paper, but your son would have to answer millions of questions about both spelling and pronunciation… Maybe more a middle…

Agreed about [name_m]Caius[/name_m]! Our last name is also a mouthful so I think it would always be a hurdle for people to pronounce.

Yes! Agee to all your points and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] & [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] are my two favorites too! I love [name_m]Ames[/name_m] so much but thinking if we go with “[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]” that “[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Ames[/name_m]“ sounds nice for first and middle names. [name_m]Julian[/name_m]’s middle name is “[name_u]Dash[/name_u]” and if he likes it, it may be a nickname when he’s older as it was for my grandfather and great grandfather (both named [name_u]Francis[/name_u] but only went by the nn “[name_u]Dash[/name_u]”). [name_u]Dash[/name_u] and [name_m]Ames[/name_m] are cute nn for brothers if they ever wanted to go by their middle names like their great grandfathers did :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] best with [name_m]Julian[/name_m]!

1 Like

All cute, but maybe try [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].

I also have a son called [name_m]Julian[/name_m]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] your style!

I think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] sounds great with [name_m]Julian[/name_m] - it’s a very handsome name. I also love [name_m]Roman[/name_m] :slight_smile:

ellis is gorgeous, one of my favorite names

Caius is my favourite.

Other options:
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]