Brother for Kasen

We are really struggling with boy names. My husband and I can agree on a whole list of girl names, but can’t find anything that either of us is really sold on for boys.

Our first son is [name]Kasen[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]. He often goes by [name]Kase[/name]. Because we have one of the most common last names in the US ([name]Johnson[/name]), I want to stay away from overly popular names. Popular names that I like or names that we can’t use for other reasons include [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Michael[/name], Elijah ([name]Eli[/name]), [name]Ryan[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]William[/name] ([name]Will[/name]), and [name]Benjamin[/name]. We both also like names that are short/strong, or that can be shortened to a nickname.

Names that either my husband or I have added to a “maybe” list include:
[name]Raymond/name - family name
Kennan
[name]Kolby[/name] (husband hates)
[name]Vaughn[/name] (I think it sounds silly with our last name)
[name]Vincent[/name] ([name]Vince[/name])
[name]Vance[/name]
[name]Archer/name
[name]Kamden[/name]
[name]Kendal[/name] (I think this is more of a girls name)
[name]Edison[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Kyler[/name] (husband is [name]Kyle[/name], so this might be weird)

We would greatly appreciate any comments or especially new ideas!

I love [name]Bennett[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name]! [name]Bennett[/name] is soft but the -[name]Ty[/name] ending makes it sturdy. [name]Xavier[/name] has a lot of letters that make it sound strong- x, v, r. [name]Xavier[/name] I can see aging better than [name]Bennett[/name]. I would go with [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Johnson[/name].

If not, I’d recommend-

[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]

If your husband’s name is [name]Kyle[/name] I would definitely stay away from [name]Kyler[/name]. My son’s name is [name]Cuyler[/name], pronounced same as [name]Kyler[/name], and my sister’s boyfriend is [name]Kyle[/name] and we are all constantly saying [name]Kyle[/name] instead of [name]Cuyler[/name] and [name]Cuyler[/name] in stead of [name]Kyle[/name]! :slight_smile: It’s confusing! If your husband’s name wasn’t [name]Kyle[/name] then I would say go for [name]Kyler[/name]! [name]Kyler[/name] and [name]Kasen[/name] sound awesome together! I always get compliments on my son’s name. Of your list I like [name]Bennett[/name] the best, followed by [name]Archer[/name] to go well with your son’s name. Another name that I think is really nice is [name]Everett[/name].

My favorite at this time is [name]Xavier[/name], but my husband doesn’t like it at all. :frowning: Does anyone have any other suggestions to add to our list?

[name]Kendal[/name] still sounds boyish to me. [name]Raymond[/name] nn [name]Ray[/name] is one of my favorites from your list along with [name]Kendal[/name] nn [name]Ken[/name].

Other suggestions-
[name]Remington[/name] nn [name]Remy[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] nn [name]Jaz[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]

Ideas:
[name]Xavier[/name] (zay-veer)
[name]Mateo[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Beckham[/name]
[name]Vance[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Zaiden[/name]
[name]Ryker[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]

if you want a different name that can have a short nickname, we are looking at [name]Xavier[/name] (although pronounced ex-zavier) and [name]Ezekiel[/name]…nicknames [name]Xavi[/name] (z-A-vee) and [name]Zeke[/name]

OH. MY. GOODNESS.
My wife and I are literally in the EXACT SAME POSITION that you and your husband are in! Our son is [name]Kasen[/name] [name]Miller[/name] and we have had the hardest time settling on a name for our second boy…who will probably be arriving in the next WEEK!

So have you guys decided yet? [name]Love[/name] to hear what you settled on, if you’ve decided.

My wife would really like to go with another K name, I just want something we both like. Which has obviously proven to be VERY difficult.

My wife likes
[name]Koen[/name] (pronounced like [name]Cohen[/name])
[name]Kieran[/name]
Kabot

[name]Koen[/name] just doesn’t do it for me, and [name]Kieran[/name] sounds too close to [name]Karen[/name] to me. But maybe I’m just weird? Kabot…not feeling it either.

I’ve suggested names outside of the K realm, like [name]Bryce[/name], [name]Maddox[/name], [name]Duncan[/name], [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Quentin[/name].

We tried Kwentin with a K, but it just looks forced and like we don’t know how to spell.

Any input or words of advice? Other names that might go well with [name]Kasen[/name]?

Thanks for sharing! I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we ran across this page, of all the webpages in the world…can you imagine the probability of that?! I was at a place of complete frustration and literally praying to God at the time for help when we ran across this the same week.

Blessings…

~[name]Jonathan[/name] and Liesal