Brother for Nigel

My husband and I are having a hard time agreeing on a name. There aren’t that many that I love, and his choices haven’t really thrilled me. My choices haven’t thrilled him, either! The mn will be [name]John[/name], and our last name is Ph…s, so F names are out. His choices so far have been:

[name]Lionel[/name]–I strongly disliked it at first, but it is growing on me. I think it sounds too close to [name]Nigel[/name], though.
[name]Ashton[/name]–not crazy about it
[name]Devin[/name]–this one’s good, but has been heard around here a little too often
[name]Julian[/name]–same thing
[name]Trevor[/name]–not crazy about it

My top choice is [name]Donovan[/name], but my husband hasn’t warmed up to it. Other names that I’ve liked are [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Tavish[/name], [name]Conrad[/name].

We want something that not everybody’s using–we have yet to meet another 3yo [name]Nigel[/name]–with the same Britishy feel, but that’s not too out there, but also not “too classic” like [name]Edward[/name] or [name]James[/name] (given the fact that the middle name is classic and common). Names we don’t want (due to heavy rotation in our area):

[name]Graham[/name],[name]Gavin[/name], [name]Garrett[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]Desmond[/name]
Also [name]Hugh[/name] is out b/c we don’t care for it.
Thanks!

I like [name]Julian[/name] a lot, but if its too common have you considered [name]Julius[/name] instead? Pretty close but maybe it’s better for you?
Otherwise, what about…

[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Conroy[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Roarke[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Gregor[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]/[name]Finlay[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]

Good luck!

I have to say, I do like the name ‘[name]Cormac[/name]’ with ‘[name]Nigel[/name]’ !! I also like the name [name]Quinn[/name] as the poster before me suggested; however, you may run into a few with this name… Have you considered [name]Declan[/name]? I think it has a European-type feel to it and I haven’t ever encountered it on a child yet.

Best,
L.

I think that [name]Julian[/name] compliments [name]Nigel[/name] beautifully, and I have never met a [name]Julian[/name], I definitely think [name]Julian[/name] is a winner and I just love the nn of [name]Jules[/name], I think it has such a great vibe to it.

As soon as I saw [name]Nigel[/name] the first name that came to mind was [name]Patrick[/name] it seemed to fit seamlessly.

Another of my all time favourites (and definitely with a strong British flavour) is the handsome [name]Rupert[/name].

Have you thought about having a three name combo eg [name]Rupert[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]John[/name], [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]John[/name].

regards,

rollo

Oh, I do love [name]Julian[/name] with [name]Nigel[/name] and [name]Cormac[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name] would be nice too! [name]Nigel[/name] has always been a very “English” name to me so here are some suggestions for his future brother. All the best!
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] / [name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
St [name]John[/name]
[name]Tarquin[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Dunstan[/name]
[name]Giles[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Randolph[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Ivor[/name]
[name]Stuart[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]
[name]Reginald[/name]
[name]Percival[/name]
[name]Rowland[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Noel[/name]
[name]Graeme[/name]

I really loved the suggestions of [name]Nigel[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name] or [name]Nigel[/name] and [name]Rupert[/name].

[name]Nigel[/name] & [name]Cormac[/name]! Great sound, plus [name]Cormac[/name] [name]John[/name] flows nicely, and very British-y in feel. [name]Cormac[/name] gets my vote!
NameGoddess

I also love [name]Cormac[/name] and [name]Conrad[/name] with [name]Nigel[/name]. Also love the suggestion of [name]Piers[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name].
I think these work well with [name]Nigel[/name] too;

[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Murray[/name]