Brother for Simon???

[name]Simon[/name] is so handsome! I really like it. I know someone who had triplets earlier this year–they ended up all being girls, but if they had been boys, [name]Simon[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name] was really high up on her list. I thought maybe you might like some of the other names she loved?

[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Frederick[/name] (nn [name]Freddie[/name])
[name]Harrison[/name] (nn [name]Harry[/name])
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]

I think that’s most of them. Some have already been mentioned (I noticed you loved [name]Oliver[/name] but your hubby didn’t, and that you’re not a fan of [name]Holden[/name]), but I figured I would just list the ones I could remember. :slight_smile: It seems like the two of you might have quite similar styles! Or semi-similar, anyway.

Good luck!

If you like [name]Duncan[/name] but are worried about [name]Dun[/name] can cook what about another Scottish handsome D name? [name]Donovan[/name]?

On jesba’s suggestion how about [name]Dermott[/name]?

1 Like

I know brothers named [name]Jonah[/name] and [name]Simon[/name]. I think the pairing is really nice. Here are a few suggestions (sorry for any repeats):

[name]Issac[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]David[/name]

These are some great suggestions, thanks everyone! You guys are awesome! I think I need to take some time and let them sink in.

I want to think about [name]Callum[/name]…my husband’s middle name is [name]McCallum[/name] (his grandmother’s maiden name), so it could honor his dad’s family. But I’m not sure about the alliteration of [name]Callum[/name] Cook. Does that flow? It seems a bit off to me.

I kind of like [name]Bennett[/name], and I want to reconsider [name]Felix[/name]. [name]Warren[/name] is kind of cool (nickname?), and I do love [name]Henry[/name] (though I’d have to convince DH on that one). Kind of like [name]Fraser[/name] but I have a friend named [name]Fraser[/name] (who I don’t know super well) and it would seem like we were naming after him! I quite love [name]Owen[/name] but worry it’s too popular (and have a good friend who just named her baby [name]Owen[/name]). I kind of love nn [name]Bram[/name], I’ll have to think about that, though I think the only reason it sounds good to me is because my bro-in-law is [name]Graham[/name] Cook and I am so used to hearing that and think it flows nicely.

I don’t want anything too biblical (though I’m obviously not against names that are in the bible, as evidenced by [name]Simon[/name])…but together with [name]Simon[/name], [name]Isaac[/name] or [name]Jonah[/name] just sound too biblical to me. Same with [name]Peter[/name] (given [name]Simon[/name] [name]Peter[/name]). We’re not religious and it would be a weird image to give off. In the abstract, I kind of like [name]Isaac[/name]. ([name]Love[/name] that it means laughter!)

As I think about it more and more I think I’m against surname names, which makes me dislike [name]Donovan[/name] and [name]Dermott[/name] (well I don’t dislike them on another person’s kid…but you know).

Keep the suggestions coming while I let these percolate, if you come up with any more! :slight_smile:

I am running out of suggestions but here goes

[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] nn [name]Drew[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
I know the last two are biblical but it is not like being an [name]Elijah[/name] or an [name]Abraham[/name].

Have you considered [name]Dashiell[/name]?

[name]Robert[/name] nn [name]Robbie[/name] is nice

[name]Rory[/name] too.

rollo

Re [name]Callum[/name] maybe [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Callum[/name] Cook would work better?

[name]Dougal[/name] or [name]Douglas[/name] or [name]Ross[/name] as a middle name might be okay.

[name]Louis[/name]/[name]Lewis[/name] Cook is nice.

I can understand why you’d want to avoid a biblical trend. Here’s a few more names:

[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Kenneth[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Roland[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]

[name]Just[/name] putting a few more ideas out there. Again, sorry for any repeats!

[name]Alexander[/name] - Great classic. The length would go well with Cook. Multiple nn possibilities.
[name]Declan[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this one! Not overly popular.
[name]Josiah[/name] - Maybe too popular…
[name]Marcus[/name] - Classical. Goes well with [name]Simon[/name].
[name]Lachlan[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this one, too!! Lach/[name]Lock[/name] possible nn.
Dashel - Cute. Getting more popular, I think.
[name]Malachi[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] this name!!

Good luck!

At last I think I have the name for you!

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Xavier[/name]? I hope so because I think [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] are great together.

Pronounced as Zay vee ah.

Let me know if you like it.

Thanks,

rollo

Thanks everyone, some great suggestions! I have a lot to think about. :slight_smile: (Good thing I have lots of pregnancy left to go!) I really appreciate your expert insight.

I feel almost the exact same way you feel about the name [name]Simon[/name] about my DS’ name…but have recently fell in love with [name]Simon[/name] if we were to have another boy. Our DS is [name]Levi[/name]. [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Levi[/name]? It perhaps is too Biblical for you-but more people see the blue jean association before the Biblical one. Good luck!

[name]ARTHUR[/name]!
Two classic boy names are the best!

[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]

[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Martin[/name]

Old post, but what did you end up using? We seem to have very similar style. LOVE [name_m]Simon[/name_m], but it doesn’t work with our surname