Brother for Sullivan is here - Watson!

Our second son is here and FINALLY has a name!

Our oldest, [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] Garnier, was born in [name_u]August[/name_u] 2022. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is just a name my husband and I love and Garnier is his great-grandpa’s name (they have the same birthday!). We call him [name_u]Sully[/name_u] a lot too.

When we found out we were having another son we struggled with finding a name we loved as much as [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]. We knew the middle name would be [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] (my husband’s name). We initially loved the nickname [name_u]Sonny[/name_u], and decided [name_m]Sampson[/name_m] was the best full name for that!

Eventually we fell out of love with Sampson…but still held onto [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]. We didn’t want [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] to be his full name. We moved on to going between [name_u]Walter[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u], and maybe even calling him [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] anyways.

I posted a poll on here with [name_u]Walter[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u], and just [name_u]Sonny[/name_u], as options for a brother for [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], then @emeraldsea suggested [name_u]Watson[/name_u]. [name_u]Watson[/name_u] means “son of Wat,” which was an old nickname for [name_u]Walter[/name_u]. [name_u]An[/name_u] interesting tie in and a more natural way to nickname him [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband LOVED [name_u]Watson[/name_u] as new baby’s name, and on [name_u]January[/name_u] 27 our little [name_u]Watson[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] was born! Thank you to those who showed [name_u]Watson[/name_u] (Sonny) all the love! :slight_smile:

64 Likes

Great choice!

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u], Watson!! [name_u]Watson[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is a great name and I love [name_u]Watson[/name_u] and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] as brothers. Congratulations!! :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Watson[/name_u] is a sweet choice!

1 Like

oh my goodness :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

this is absolutely the highlight of my day. welcome sweet watson; and congratulations to all of you! :bug:

7 Likes

Congratulations!! I’ve been rooting for [name_u]Watson[/name_u]- absolutely perfect.

1 Like

congratulations! sullivan and watson are such lovely names that work so well together! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Oh my gosh huge congratulations :tada:

Wats0n Nathani3l is such a gorgeous name and it’s actually so exciting that a berry @emeraldsea suggested Wats0n which resulted in you choosing the name. Honestly @emeraldsea well done for suggesting such a lovely name!

Wishing you all the best with your newest addition 🩵

2 Likes

Really love [name_u]Watson[/name_u], and goes excellent with big brother [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]! Congratulations!

1 Like

Your children’s names are simply perfect and go so wonderfully together :blue_heart: congratulations!

1 Like

the feeling when you help someone find their forever name is unmatched! :white_heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations! [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_u]Watson[/name_u] make for such perfect brother names, with cool nicknames as a bonus.

2 Likes

Completely agree!

2 Likes

Congratulations! The combo of [name_u]Watson[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] goes extremely well together and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_u]Watson[/name_u] is possibly one of my favorite sibsets ever!

1 Like

Huge congratulations!! [name_u]Watson[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is just perfect with his brother - their names are both so handsome!!
Wishing you and your family tons of health and happiness :green_heart:

1 Like

Wow, I was not even aware that you were expecting a second baby! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! [name_u]Watson[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is handsome, and as meaningful as Sullivan’s full name. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Omg! I just saw this announcement, and my son born last week is also nicknamed [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]! Massive congratulations to your family, I obviously LOVE his nickname and also Watson!! :blue_heart:

1 Like