Brother for Tessa

The first 3 on my list are my boys’ names :heart:
#3 was almost [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] but we decided at the hospital that we really wanted to stick with 1 syllable.

Good luck! You have great taste :wink:

1 Like

@CurlyC
Thanks!! And right back atcha!

Still at a naming stand still, but thank you all for your suggestions!!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] all those names between you and @curlyC (and others) but we have so many unusable names - from that list [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u] & [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] are all off the table as they are names of family members or close friends. (I always had to use my last initial growing up due to there being multiple people with my name in my class so I am hoping to avoid that for the most part with my kids). We have been tossing around [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] for the last couple days but nothing is set in stone at all yet! I definitely gravitate towards single syllable first names for boys but we would love to use [name_m]John[/name_m] (family name) as the middle name so that doesn’t have very good flow with single syllable first names.

@tcp8115- Naming is seriously so hard!!

Could consider lengthening [name_m]John[/name_m] to [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] for better flow if you prefer 1 syllable first?
I’m not sure if it’s an honor name- but I actually love honor names with a little twist like that…

Good luck!

@tcp8115
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] is great!
[name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]/Gabe, and [name_u]Glen[/name_u], too. (I really like [name_u]Glen[/name_u], actually, and wish we could use it…who knew Gr@y would be suuuch a problematic name!)

Gavin [name_m]John[/name_m] sounds a little like Cabin [name_m]John[/name_m].

Like @CurlyC mentioned in her post, is it “john” verbatim, or is there room for name variants (like [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], etc)? [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] could sound pretty great together, for example.

John is pretty set in stone! Hubby wouldn’t even consider ‘[name_f]Jane[/name_f]’ as a female variation to honor it for our daughter or if this baby is a girl. We will have to keep working at it but we will get something figured out :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tcp8115 absolutely! The perfect name will come to you, for sure!