Brother for Tessa

We are expecting a sibling for our daughter [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. Girl names are super easy for us and we are set if this baby is a girl. Boy names on the other hand…nothing feels like “the one.” Our last name ends in “son” so we want to avoid first names with that ending. Like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], my hope is that a boy name we agree on will be distinctive yet recognizable/pronounceable/spell-able with our common last name. Our short list includes:

Lane
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_m]Trey[/name_m] - not sure we want to go for a ‘T’ pattern even though we like the name
[name_m]Gage[/name_m] or [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]
[name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]”
[name_m]Crew[/name_m]
[name_m]Case[/name_m]

Feedback on these names or suggestions of different names would be amazing! Thanks in advance!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]” best with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] of your options! [name_m]Even[/name_m] more I’d like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_u]Beau[/name_u]

2 Likes

Logan is nice with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! I also like [name_u]Lane[/name_u] and [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u], although they feel a little different in style to [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

Harvey
[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

1 Like

How about [name_m]Troy[/name_m]? I think that is a lot nicer than [name_m]Trey[/name_m].
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_m]Troy[/name_m] sound really nice.

1 Like

Hi there.

Tessa is lovely.

Here are my thoughts on your list-

Lane-I like this. It’s very simple & sleek. It’s gentle yet boyish in my opinion. It’s also not at all common.

Logan-This is way popular & uninteresting in my opinion.

Trey-This isn’t bad. It’s a full name, but just seems like it’s missing something.

Gage/Gabe-[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] nn [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] is very handsome. [name_m]Gage[/name_m] is a little meh to me.

Bodhi-This isn’t awful, but not my style. [name_m]Just[/name_m] sounds a little bro-ish.

Crew-That’s kind of cool. Not a name that I usually think of, but it’s different & works well.

Case-I don’t like this on its own, but [name_u]Casey[/name_u] is adorable & great w/Tessa.

A few more suggestions-

Alden

Cole

Clark

Dylan

Declan

Ellis

Emmett

Flynn

Ferris

Holden

Jude

Keats

Kai

Milo

Noel

Nolan

Owen

Quinn

Rafe

Shea

Shaw

Tristan

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

My top 3 are:

Tessa and [name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]

I think [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is squarely a girl’s name nowadays.

Ps we also bave a [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! Great pick!

From all of your original options, I like [name_u]Logan[/name_u] with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. Next is [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]. I’d name him [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] and call him [name_m]Gabe[/name_m].

1 Like

Bodhi [name_m]Gage[/name_m] would make a great combo and is my favorite from your list

First thing that came to mind was [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]”

For me the names that seem to best complement Tessa are Lane and Gabe. I’m drawn to the soft vintage connection in the names and they meet your preferences particularly well. I also like that Tessa and Gabe are both diminutives for traditional names.

A note on Lane: It may be unisex, but when you look at usage it’s predominantly being given to boys. Looking at the most current US data (2018) the name was given to 84 girls and 1205 boys. It was originally a surname so this makes sense. There are a number of surnames that more frequently given to girls but that’s generally an exception.

Some other suggestions; Rex, Amos, Chance, Leon, Jay, Holden, Isaac, Dexter, Roy, Grady, Conrad, Otto, Clayton, Drake, Simon, Nate, Abel

1 Like

Logan is by far my favourite from your list!

Lane I love [name_u]Lane[/name_u]! It’s a new favourite of mine but it may feel a little feminine with big sister [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

Logan- [name_u]Logan[/name_u] is nice but it is really popular in my area

Trey - I like [name_m]Trey[/name_m] but it’s not a favourite

Gage- I [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one for you. I think it sounds so handsome and masculine with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. It’s distinctive but not that popular

Gabe - I like [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] but prefer [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] with nn

Bohdi - Bohdi [name_u]Bo[/name_u] is cute! I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_u]Bo[/name_u] together. I do feel stylisticly is very different than [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

Crew - I only know one [name_m]Crew[/name_m] ! It’s pretty cute

Case - I don’t know any [name_m]Case[/name_m]’s. I worry that [name_m]Case[/name_m] and [name_m]Son[/name_m] last name might run together though

Does your [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] have any brothers?! :slight_smile: Or do you have boy names you’d use alongside [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]?

My favorite is [name_u]Lane[/name_u].

I love [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] for [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]’s sister!
[name_u]Logan[/name_u] is my second favorite from your list. [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] would be an amazing name! I like [name_u]Lane[/name_u], but prefer it as a middle name for a boy. While [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is unisex, I prefer [name_u]Lane[/name_u] for a girl.

I love [name_u]Lane[/name_u] and [name_u]Logan[/name_u].

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]
[name_u]Jace[/name_u]
[name_u]Kade[/name_u]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryder[/name_u]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Ace[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u]
[name_u]Cody[/name_u]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_m]Trevor[/name_m]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]

Here’s the link to our poll of brother and sister names we’re considering (and asking ppl to help us narrow down).

My favourites on your list are [name_m]Gage[/name_m], [name_m]Gabe[/name_m], and [name_u]Bo[/name_u]/Beau. [name_m]Gage[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]Tage[/name_m] or [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m], which I also like. More suggestions…

Nash
[name_m]Tulley[/name_m]
[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]

Tessa was one of our top 2 girl names but we had all boys… Boy names we used/love:

Grant
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

2 Likes

@curlyC Oh man. So, we have a [name_f]Tess[/name_f] ([name_f]Tessa[/name_f]), and the following of your names were on our boys list:

• Cole
  • Wesley
  • Owen
  • Grant
1 Like

@tcp8115 – any updates??