Vote: Which one(s) do you HATE?

Please select any that you HATE or WOULD NOT USE. Kid won’t have a middle name. Our last name is a color word, starts with a G, has one syllable, and does not contain an ‘n’. If you vote to strike a name or names, please say why in the comments. Be brutal. It will only help us rule out name. Our first is [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], but we call her [name_f]Tess[/name_f] 99% of the time. Thank you!

• [name_m]Clark[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Liz[/name_f]

0 voters

FWIW, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m] are the ones I LOVE, and I think they’d both be fantastic with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favorites are [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]!

I got rid of all the others because they were either names I didn’t like or I felt like they didn’t go with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! In particular [name_f]Liz[/name_f] feels very short and nicknamey, while [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] feels a bit more established compared to it!

1 Like

I absolutely love: [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]. Those three names are actually on my list. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] are nice too. However, I do not like: [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]Mallory[/name_u], and [name_f]Liz[/name_f], they are just too plain and boring for me. Especially when compared to the other beautiful names such as [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m].

1 Like

I don’t hate any of them! [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is my least favorite. I love [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]!

1 Like

I voted to strike [name_f]Liz[/name_f] and [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]. [name_f]Liz[/name_f] is great as a nickname but feels incomplete on its own. I don’t love [name_u]Mallory[/name_u], and I don’t feel like it works as well with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] “[name_f]Tess[/name_f]”. Also, assuming I have your last name right, I don’t think [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] works very well with your last name.

2 Likes

I just don’t like the sound of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], it sound saccharine and a bit dated.

1 Like

I don’t think I can say I hate any of them lol. I’d use any except maybe [name_m]Henry[/name_m] but I just don’t like the sound of it. It’s objectively a nice name.

1 Like

I was thinking [name_u]Mal[/name_u] for short, e.g. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_u]Mal[/name_u]. Thoughts?

LN - four letters. One vowel. [name_m]Can[/name_m] be an ‘a’ or an ‘e’ depending on preferred spelling.

1 Like

Tess and [name_u]Mal[/name_u] do sound sweet together! Saying it again, I think [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] does work with your surname. I think you have a great list of options!

1 Like

Hi there.

I voted for (or against?) [name_f]Liz[/name_f]. I’m actually really surprised to see that it’s winning (or losing?!). I just have never cared for it. It sounds kind of snobby & also too nick-namey. And I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], so not sure why I dislike [name_f]Liz[/name_f] so much . I know that a lot of people don’t care for [name_u]Mallory[/name_u], but I think that it sounds kind of sporty & cheerful. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is sweet & spunky & a fan favorite. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is good. Not terribly exciting, but a good name. I almost voted for [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], because it’s soooooo popular. I wouldn’t use it for that reason, & the name is just meh in my opinion.

All of the boy names are charming & fun. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are really popular, & I prefer [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] for a nn. But I still like them all. [name_m]Clark[/name_m] isn’t my cup of tea, but it’s a good solid name.

Hope my rambling helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Liz isn’t a complete name to me. I hate that it’s the beginning of the word lizard. I would prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

I would not use [name_f]Liz[/name_f] because I consider it a NN. But I love love love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

Enzo is just not my style.

I think [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] are lovely, and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is also nice. I voted for [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] and [name_f]Liz[/name_f] (to strike off the list).

There’s no real reason but I just dislike [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and to me, [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] feels quite dated and doesn’t suit [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

I voted for [name_f]Liz[/name_f] because I think it’s much too nicknamey as a full name and I find it a tad dated, or at least not very fresh like [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] etc are (in my opinion). I much prefer the similar [name_f]Liv[/name_f], and think [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] would be really sweet together.

1 Like

I voted to strike [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] as it seems different than your other names.

I don’t LOVE [name_f]Liz[/name_f] but I do love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Liz[/name_f] and I think [name_f]Liz[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

Hahha how funny! I stumbled onto [name_f]Liz[/name_f] because I wanted [name_f]Liv[/name_f] but couldn’t have it. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] + our LN sounds too much like a slogan or something.

These are all totally fine names! I actually love a lot of them: [name_u]Mallory[/name_u], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] in particular.

Liz is the only one I don’t love as a standalone. It’s fine as a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or a variant, but it’s a bit too informal on its own, and perhaps a bit dated too.

I LOVE [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] would be particularly perfect for her siblings :two_hearts:

1 Like

I voted out [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_f]Liz[/name_f]. They both just seem to serious and a bit boring with both your last name and sisters name. Good luck!!!

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t mean to pick on the Z names, as I have a Z named son my self but [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] and [name_f]Liz[/name_f] just don’t do it for me. [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] sounds like a engine oil brand or too dramatically exotic? [name_f]Liz[/name_f] is a nn, not a full name and I just can’t help but think of Lizard and that just seems unappealing for a girl.

1 Like

Picked [name_f]Liz[/name_f] and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] as ones I dislike. [name_f]Liz[/name_f] feels a bit like a non-name in my opinion.

I can’t see the name [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] without tearing up (If anyone has seen the film The [name_m]Art[/name_m] of Racing in the [name_u]Rain[/name_u], you’ll empathise :joy:)

1 Like