Brother Names — What would you name brothers?

Today’s blog post is all about brother names!

What would you name brothers — or if you have sons, what are they named?

Boy names are much harder for me than girl names, but if I was naming sons today, I’d go with Ira and Lyle.

Tell me your favorite brother name pairs!

2 Likes

We have a little [name_u]Robin[/name_u], and I like the idea of [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], or [name_m]Otso[/name_m] for a little brother… or [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] or [name_m]Kasper[/name_m]! It is tough to choose. From the blog post my favourite pairing is [name_u]Arrow[/name_u] and [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]. :green_heart:

8 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I don’t have any kids. And I feel you about boy names being way harder. I have a few that I like enough to use, but don’t love them the way that I love my girl names. That being said, I’d probably go with [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u] today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Ira[/name_u] and [name_u]Lyle[/name_u] are great!

I’d probably go with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] :slight_smile: or maybe [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] if I couldn’t use my faves for whatever reason

2 Likes

I have [name_m]Myles[/name_m] & [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

5 Likes

francis lou, caspian ira, and wilbur lee.

frankie, kit, and bear <3

4 Likes

I really like the idea of brothers [name_m]Grover[/name_m], [name_m]Clement[/name_m], and [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]. All warm, kind names and they have some sort of nature connection :deciduous_tree::tangerine::ear_of_rice:
From your list my pick would probably be [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] & [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u]. From the celeb list I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_m]Hal[/name_m] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u] as well as [name_u]Rafa[/name_u] & [name_u]Rocco[/name_u].

1 Like

No kids yet, but, my go to names would be [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Abram[/name_m], and [name_u]Gael[/name_u]. Since we will probably have 2 or 3 kids, if they were all boys my first choices (in order) would be [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], and [name_u]Gael[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s order would probably be [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Abram[/name_m] (not sure what he would say for a 3rd boys name).

2 Likes

I have one son, [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]. We struggled with boy names, but some of the others we seriously considered were [name_u]Odyssey[/name_u], Rivet, [name_m]Ronin[/name_m], and [name_m]Finnick[/name_m]. I love [name_m]Booker[/name_m] and Fievel, but my SO strongly vetoed them. I’m also really loving “girl” names for boys lately, especially [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u]. But my style is all over the place and I feel like my partners is even worse, so if we have any more boys it’ll be interesting to see what we decide on.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] Kerr’s [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_m]Hart[/name_m] and [name_m]Myles[/name_m] the other day! [name_u]Love[/name_u] those names, individually and even more so together.

Those are the best sibling names for me — when the grouping brings out the best in each individual name or highlights a particular side to each name. It can really make a name or sibling set sing!

3 Likes

No kids but if I had three brothers to name today they’d be [name_u]Barrett[/name_u], [name_u]Linden[/name_u], and [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. (I also find girl names easier!)

1 Like

Expecting our first and his name is [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]. For potential future boys, I like a handful of options:

[name_m]Kimball[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]

[name_u]Miles[/name_u] and [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] would continue the “M” theme and DH and I don’t necessarily want a “theme”, though I do love both. [name_m]Kimball[/name_m] is an honor to his late father - not my all time favorite but I do like the idea of it. So, that leaves [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and I feel like he’s probably the most likely contender. I like the nicknames (Max & Sully) and that they both have a surname vibe about them.

But, for now, we await the arrival of our [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] this fall!

1 Like

I was actually thinking about this at work today! If I had three boys today, they’d be…

[name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], and [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] :evergreen_tree:

I’ve also love [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Milo[/name_u] as a brother set for a long long time! :bear:

4 Likes

I already have an [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], for a brother I think I would go with [name_m]Ivan[/name_m], or maybe [name_m]Ernest[/name_m]. So it would be

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_m]Dixon[/name_m] and then either [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] [name_m]Roger[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] or [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_u]Walter[/name_u] [name_m]Parson[/name_m]. It’s a tough call for me. [name_u]Love[/name_u] both of these names so much!

2 Likes

I have a little boy named D0ri@n, and while I’m not planning on another child anytime soon, I still think about what I would name a potential brother all the time.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top contenders are [name_m]Claudius[/name_m], [name_u]Fionn[/name_u], [name_m]Hannibal[/name_m], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_u]Paris[/name_u] and [name_u]Quincy[/name_u]. They all have their individual issues, but today I think:

D0ri@n & [name_m]Claudius[/name_m]

2 Likes

percival & winter :evergreen_tree: :snowflake:

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] son [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] will be 31 this weekend, so it’s not likely he’ll have a brother.

But if he’d had a brother, it would have been [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] and [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]. All are family names.

1 Like

I have a few sets in mind:

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] & [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] & [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] & [name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] & [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] & [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] & [name_m]Locke[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] & [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]

2 Likes

I have a son called [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. Recently i’ve been really loving [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]. I like it paired with the stronger [name_m]Louis[/name_m] (warrior) because it would give me the reassurance that my son would be healthy.
[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] & [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] top 3 are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], & [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Keats[/name_u] (likely changing middle here)

2 Likes