Brothers

[name]Hi[/name] there! I need some feedback on some potential brother names for sibling [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]. I really love the name [name]Arrow[/name]. I know it’s not an obvious choice, but the names [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Arrow[/name] sound good, in my opinion. I might even call him Row. I also like the names [name]Knox[/name], [name]Crosby[/name], [name]Oakley[/name], [name]Killian[/name], and love [name]Otto[/name]. I like [name]Otis[/name] but my hubby loves [name]Otto[/name] so much more! I guess any feedback on any of the names, especially [name]Arrow[/name]. Thanks in advance!!!

Hmmmm.

[name]Arrow[/name]: I love a good word name for a modern boy’s name. But, [name]Arrow[/name] doesn’t quite do it for me. I guess I can’t see it aging as well as [name]Dash[/name] and it almost makes [name]Dash[/name] seem too “wordy.”

[name]Knox[/name]: Cute! I think it goes with [name]Dash[/name] because they are both sort of English/wordy.

[name]Crosby[/name]: [name]Love[/name]! (but that may be because I like [name]Crosby[/name], Stills, [name]Nash[/name] and [name]Young[/name]) However, it may sound a little weak next to [name]Dash[/name]

[name]Oakley[/name]: Again, a little weak with [name]Dash[/name] for my taste

[name]Killian[/name]: A great surname/fn.

[name]Otto[/name]/[name]Otis[/name]: [name]Adore[/name] in either form. Fits GREAT with [name]Dash[/name] and is so old it is new.

Here are a few other thoughts:
[name]Archer[/name] (maybe an alternative to [name]Arrow[/name]? :slight_smile:
[name]Bolton[/name] ([name]Dash[/name] and Bolt? Is that too much?)
[name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Thane[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Tarat, thanks for the reply. I love [name]Otto[/name] a lot too. I think part of the appeal of [name]Arrow[/name] is that it DOES make [name]Dash[/name] feel wordy. I have such a wide range of names I like. I love older, vintage names and yet I love earthy and modern names for boys too. I think finding a balance has been picking surnames.

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Dashiell[/name] “[name]Dash[/name]” is so sweet!

[name]Arrow[/name] - Yes, [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Arrow[/name] sound good, but as the previous poster pointed out, [name]Arrow[/name] - an obvious word name - makes [name]Dash[/name] sound like a word, too. And, [name]Dashiell[/name], a vintage classic, does not pair well with [name]Arrow[/name]. I loved the suggestion of [name]Archer[/name] with [name]Dash/name, as it, too, has a classic feel with a fun, arrow meaning!

[name]Knox[/name] - This is nice with [name]Dash[/name], too. I think this pairs far better with [name]Dashiell[/name] than [name]Arrow[/name], but I’d pair it with a longer middle name, like [name]Knox[/name] [name]William[/name] - something classic and simple.

[name]Crosby[/name] - Like the previous poster, this seems weak and feminine in comparison to the handsome [name]Dashiell[/name] and the spunky yet masculine [name]Dash[/name]. It also makes me think of [name]Crosby[/name], Stills, [name]Nash[/name], and [name]Young[/name]. I don’t care for this one.

[name]Oakley[/name] - I don’t see [name]Oakley[/name] as a human name. I know several pets named [name]Oakley[/name], but no humans. And, it is far too weak and modern in comparison to [name]Dash/name.

[name]Killian[/name] - This reminds me of [name]Killian[/name]'s Brewery, and I really don’t think I can support a name with “kill” in it. I think it has a similar feel to [name]Dashiell[/name], but [name]Dashiell[/name] is so much softer! And, what will you shorten this to? Certainly not Kill!

[name]Otto[/name] - This name compliments the vintage [name]Dashiell[/name] very well. It isn’t one of my favorites, but I see the appeal and it works nicely. However, it doesn’t have a spunky nickname like [name]Dash[/name].

I think you might also like [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Gunnar[/name], [name]Percival[/name], [name]Edsel[/name], and [name]Jasper[/name].

Good luck!

I like the name [name]Arrow[/name]. The kid has to have a strong personality to fit it though. As for the other names they work but [name]Oakley[/name] and [name]Killian[/name] sound too feminine.

[name]Ace[/name], [name]Lennon[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Beau[/name] are some suggestions.

You have some interesting choices on your list, but I’m not sure any of them are quite right. I think the kind of name you need is one which, like [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name], has a longer formal version with a classic feel and a shorter nn that is a fun word name. Going for a name that provides one without the other feels incomplete, unbalanced next to [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name], and also feels like it lacks the elements you love about your first son’s name.
One suggestion I can think of off the top of my head that meets this criteria would be [name]Griffin[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name].

[name]Arrow[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] are too matched. The only “[name]Ro[/name]” that immediately comes to mind is [name]Romeo[/name].
[name]Knox[/name] - Short, very abrupt, so I suppose is works with [name]Dash[/name].
[name]Crosby[/name] - I know this has been used on girls, and that’s where it feels right.
[name]Oakley[/name] - Also sounds like a girl.
[name]Killian[/name] - Never been bothered by the sound.
[name]Otto[/name] - Still sounds funny to me.

[name]Hi[/name] there! I love your son’s name! :slight_smile:

[name]Arrow[/name]: [name]Arrow[/name] seems kind of out there to me in comparison to [name]Dashiell[/name], and I agree that [name]Arrow[/name] makes [name]Dash[/name] seem like a word. Have you thought about [name]Roman[/name] or [name]Ronan[/name], nicknamed Row? I can see [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Roman[/name] or [name]Ronan[/name] as brothers. (Then again, [name]Dash[/name] and Row are two verbs, so I think a non-verb name would sound great!)

[name]Knox[/name]: [name]Knox[/name] feels a lot trendier to me than [name]Dashiell[/name], and with [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Knox[/name] (sounds like knocks), the names seem like verbs to me.

[name]Crosby[/name]: I can’t really see [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Crosby[/name] as brothers because they feel so different in style to me. You may also like Rigsby.

[name]Oakley[/name]: Because I think of [name]Annie[/name] [name]Oakley[/name] and the sunglasses brand, [name]Oakley[/name] feels really different to me from [name]Dashiell[/name].

[name]Killian[/name]: I can’t help but focus on the “kill” part of the name, but I can see [name]Killian[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name] as brothers.

[name]Otto[/name]: I can totally see [name]Otto[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name] as brothers, but because [name]Otto[/name] sounds like “auto,” when I hear [name]Otto[/name] (auto) and [name]Dash[/name], I think of an automobile and a dashboard.

[name]Otis[/name]: I like some of your other names more, but I can see [name]Otis[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name] as brothers.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the input. I only threw [name]Oakley[/name] in there b/c hubby really liked it.:slight_smile: I definatly still love [name]Otto[/name], [name]Killian[/name], and [name]Knox[/name]. The name [name]Viggo[/name] is starting to grow on me too, thoughts? [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Viggo[/name] are both Scandinavian, so they have that in common. [name]Jill[/name], I do like [name]Ronan[/name] too!:slight_smile: