Brutal honesty please

I need your very honest opinions on my very favorite girl’s name, which I have loved literally for 14 years. The name is [name]Blythe[/name]. My concern is that it is hard to pronounce and sounds too much like the word ‘blight’. Thoughts? Also, I am thinking I would use the mn [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Thoughts about that please?
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]- what do you think? Or do you like another mn better? Suggestions please!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it. Great choice. I find [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] a little hard to say, though. I think it’s the repeated -th sounds. But I do think it sounds nice with a multi-syllabic middle name with the accent on a syllable other than the first. Sorry, I’m not the best at suggesting names, though. I just critique other people’s suggestions. :wink:

And don’t think of [name]Blythe[/name] as sounding like “blight”. Think of it sounding like “lithe”. Much happier.

I love the combo [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! I don’t think there would be any pronunciation issues with [name]Blythe[/name] either. Great choice!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]. Please use it, as you have loved it for so long. Not sure about [name]Elizabeth[/name] as mn, however. Bit of a tongue twister. You could do:
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Georgianna[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]

I think you need at least two, preferably three syllables in the mn. I think girly-girl or almost over the top works well here.

I think [name]Blythe[/name] is a beautiful name! [name]Calm[/name], sweet and simple, and it has never reminded me of the word blight. I also think its pronunciation is easy to see from the spelling - when I first saw the name I never even considered pronouncing it another way. [name]Even[/name] if people do have trouble, as it is only a one syllable name, it should be easy for them to pick up the right pronunciation once you have corrected them.

I have to agree with others that [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] doesn’t have the best flow, but it also isn’t bad. I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is just the kind of name you need in the middle for [name]Blythe[/name], an established, instantly recognisable classic, which is at least three syllables. You don’t actually say the full name all that much in real life, so I don’t imagine it would be a problem at all, but if it really bothers you, you could add in a second middle name. Something like [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I’m in the minority, not a fan. It sounds curt to me, and kind of abrasive with the sound. It does remind me of blight, and also someone with a lisp (though this is common to me-[name]Judith[/name] and [name]Samantha[/name] give me the same problem). It’s very forceful to me, almost like I have to grunt it when I say it. But that’s all just my personal taste- I prefer more lyrical names, but there’s nothing wrong with [name]Blythe[/name] if you love it.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]! It’s one of my top choices for a second daughter. I think it is clean and simple, yet unusual, which is hard to find. The only other comparable name I can think of is [name]Ruth[/name]. [name]Blythe[/name] is light and crisp, though my mother says it is not a “pretty” name. But I think it is the perfect antidote to all the frilly overwrought names out there.
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty and classic.

I don’t mind it, but I have a hard time saying it. I have to really think about it and then I sort of stumble around it as I say it. I have a slight lisp, and when I try to say [name]Blythe[/name] it makes me feel as though my lisp comes out in full force :confused:

[name]Blythe[/name] actually sounds really interesting, and im all for interesting! I have never been a fan of [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I like Annabeth a lot(sometimes known as Anabeth).