Bulking up my name list again!

I’ve been working on my name list and DH and I came up with the name combo [name_m]Ace[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]. I love it and so does he, but many of my family members hate the name [name_m]Ace[/name_m]. His family members love it because his grandpa’s nickname is [name_m]Ace[/name_m], so we thought we’d come up with a compromise. We decided to choose a name that [name_m]Ace[/name_m] can be a nickname for, but we’re completely stumped. He suggested his grandpa’s name, but I don’t like it and it doesn’t pair well with [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to keep the name as short as possible. Thanks!

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Ace[/name_m]! As a stand alone or as a nickname. I have a character named [name_m]Archer[/name_m] whose nickname is [name_m]Ace[/name_m], so maybe [name_m]Archer[/name_m] would work? I think most A names could. There’s also [name_m]Acacius[/name_m] if you’re adventurous and like unusual names.

Wallace and [name_u]Mason[/name_u] could also maybe get you there, although I’d be more inclined to go with an A name.

1 Like

I know a baby boy born this year actually named [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ace[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]! [name_m]Ace[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] is a rollicking name, but I also understand wanting a longer or more formal name to get to the nickname of [name_m]Ace[/name_m]. The most common way I’ve seen people get to [name_m]Ace[/name_m] is to have the first name start with A and the middle name start with C. Since you’ve already settled on [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] as the middle, that method is probably not ideal, unless you don’t mind a second middle - [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ace[/name_m], for example.

Another option would be the name [name_u]Asa[/name_u]. It’s a Hebrew name and a somewhat obscure Biblical reference, and it means “physician” or “healer.” [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] is incredibly handsome, and [name_m]Ace[/name_m] as a short form of [name_u]Asa[/name_u] is a natural fit.

Brainstorming other options:

• [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_u]Grayson[/name_u]
  • Aeson, Aesir
  • [name_u]Jace[/name_u], [name_u]Chase[/name_u], Thrace
  • [name_u]Casey[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Wallace[/name_u], [name_m]Horace[/name_m], [name_m]Eustace[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] / [name_m]Ignacio[/name_m], [name_m]Horatio[/name_m], [name_m]Donaciano[/name_m], [name_m]Anastacio[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Alastair[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_m]Aston[/name_m], [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_m]Anselm[/name_m], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Ajax[/name_m], [name_m]Axel[/name_m], [name_f]Aracely[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Zachary[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], MacArthur, MacKenzie
2 Likes

Ace [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] is a fantastic name!

If you and your husband love it, I wouldn’t look for a ‘compromise’. You’ll never please everyone and they will probably end up loving it if/when the name is attached to your super cute baby.

1 Like

You are so right! Thank you for this great advice!

1 Like

I think you could stick with [name_m]Ace[/name_m]! It’s your choice after all.

Otherwise, [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Ace[/name_m]’ [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] would sound really cool!

Charles [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] ( (C )h(a)rl(e)s) also came to mind and the bolder [name_m]Azarius[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] could be an option

You might also like the similiar [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] or [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_m]Ace[/name_m]! It’s so charming & lovable. It’s simple, old fashioned, & fairly unique. I really think that [name_m]Ace[/name_m] can basically be a nn for any ‘A’ name. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites w/Hawthorne are…

[name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]

[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]

[name_m]Alec[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]

[name_m]Amos[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile: