Bunny?

It’s out there, and I feel crazy, but is it doable? I don’t think I’d ever want it as a full name, but maybe as a nickname for something? What is bunny usually short for?

1 Like

Ebony?

I can’t think of much

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] (almost exclusively called [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]) who’s about 75 ish. I think it’s cute as a nn but not as a full name. I’m not exactly sure what other full names if could be a nn for. Maybe [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Berenice[/name_f], and [name_f]Briana[/name_f]?

2 Likes

So cute :sob: I think [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] is one of those nicknames that works no matter the full name.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]! If [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_m]Bear[/name_m] and [name_m]Bear[/name_m] works as full names, why not [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]? But for a full name I’d use [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] aunt [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] goes by [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]. I think it’s fine on a baby but it does sound a little childish to me and tbh it is kinda strange on an elderly woman. I think it’s doable as a nickname though and could work for any name really, as it sounds more like a term-of-endearment nickname than a name-based nickname.

1 Like

I was hoping to find something to go with [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]” and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] “[name_m]Bear[/name_m]”

I think [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] is adorable on its own but I think it’s just one of those names that you have to accept that not everyone is going to like. I told one of my friends I liked this name and she said it was a stripper name (which I can see, it’s still cute though). I also think any “B” name would be an acceptable full name for [name_f]Bunny[/name_f].

I also agree with @Strawberry.Bunny about other animals names being acceptable so [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] should be too.

It makes me think of [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_m]Price[/name_m], she has a daughter called [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] (her other kids are [name_m]Harvey[/name_m], [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Tiaamii[/name_f] [name_f]Crystal[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_m]Junior[/name_m] Savaa [name_m]Andreas[/name_m] & [name_u]Jett[/name_u] [name_m]Riviera[/name_m])! It’s quite sweet, but not sure I like it as a full name?

As a nickname though, I think it could be a pet name for anything really - a la [name_f]Honey[/name_f], [name_u]Cricket[/name_u], [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], etc, if that makes sense?

I’ve heard of it as a nn for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] before particularly.

1 Like

I don’t think it can be a wearable first name. It can be a cute unrelated-to-name nickname though.

1 Like

I know someone with the legal first name of [name_f]Bunny[/name_f]. When she moved towns because of the bullying for her name she switched to being called her middle name. I would tell you to either have [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] as a middle name or a nickname but not as a legal first name. Children are cruel and mean to each other and they will find something to pick on. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t give your kid an excuse to be pick one

There’s a radio presenter here called [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] Guinness; I’ve just googled her and her full name is [name_f]Peta[/name_f]!

Bunny is fine as a pet name (I’d probably assume it was unrelated to first name, to be honest, but maybe [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] for the B sound?) but I definitely don’t think it’s substantial enough to stand alone.

2 Likes

Bonita “[name_f]Bunny[/name_f]”?

1 Like

Bunny is sweet. Maybe [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Bunny[/name_f]’?

2 Likes

Seconding the previous suggestion of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (or any “B” name)! I think [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] is adorable, but I definitely prefer it as a nickname for something a little more substantial.

1 Like

I’ve seen [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] used before. I think its quiet cute, but for me its a bit out-there… maybe too cutesy as a standalone.

Ebony is such a good idea!! I’ll suggest [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]

2 Likes

If [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] can be a nn for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] then [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] can be too. [name_u]Or[/name_u] any name that started with a B. [name_u]Or[/name_u] just any name. Lol

1 Like

I think [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] is a little much as a given name but it’s a really cute nickname! I personally prefer [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] because it feels more like a “real name” to me!

I think it’s fine as a nickname. [name_f]Imo[/name_f], it’s one of those nicknames that doesn’t have to go with the first name. It can just be what the child is called!

1 Like

There’s a famous instagramer (I can’t remember her name) and she has a daughter named [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] and just had another daughter named [name_u]Forest[/name_u]. I honestly don’t think it’s usable by itself, but definitely as a nickname. Perhaps [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], [name_f]Bernice[/name_f], [name_u]Burgundy[/name_u], [name_u]Burma[/name_u], or Burnette? I think any girl name starting with B would work too.