Butterfly Baby Names

I love butterflies - they always seem a bit like flying flowers - and I was wondering if their names could be used for naming humans! I know of the [name]Julia[/name] butterfly, and the [name]Virginia[/name].
Im curious to see what other names anyone can come up with, including things like translations of ‘butterfly’, such as [name]Mariposa[/name] in Spanish. :slight_smile:

Parvaneh ( par va nuh) is butterfly in Persian
[name]Nova[/name] is a girl’s name of Native American origin meaning “chases butterfly,”
[name]Cassius[/name] [name]Blue[/name] [name]Butterfly[/name]. Caparina; a type of butterfly.
Names that mean butterfly (babynames.com):
Aponi, Kimama, Kimimela (little butterfly)- N. American
Eilir- Welsh
Kallima- English
[name]Yara[/name] (small butterfly)- Arabic
[name]Butterfly[/name] in other languages:
Lilldeh- Fulani
Nabi- Korean (my uncle’s cat was named this, very cute)
[name]Paloma[/name]- Spanish (ancient & dialectical)

That’s a few I found

[name]Vanessa[/name] is a type of butterfly.

[name]Mazarine[/name], [name]Ulysses[/name] - both types of a blue butterfly.

Loving Parvaneh and [name]Yara[/name]!

Kelebek means butterfly in Turkish

Types of butterfly not already mentioned:
[name_f]Melissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Io[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
Celestrina
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]
Eurema (one species that visits my garden is the Eurema [name_f]Brigitta[/name_f] - a whole girls name right there! There is also Eurema Zoraide)
Elodina
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
Bindahara
Danis
Zizina
Junonia

i think [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] is a really pretty name! it is a species of butterfly that is very feminine and lovely!

[name_f]Butterfly[/name_f] itself is also a name, although it may be a bit too hippyish for your liking.

I looked this up a while ago! I love butterflies. I think these ones haven’t been said yet:
Bindi
[name_f]Farasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Kimana[/name_f]
Perhonen