Cable

My husband and I are thinking of [name]Cable[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] for our baby boy. Any thoughts??

I think of [name]Larry[/name] the [name]Cable[/name] [name]Guy[/name], SORRY!

Honestly, it makes me think too much of cable tv/internet/etc. that I can’t really see [name]Cable[/name] as a name.
Have you considered:
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Able[/name]
Cabe

If you really like [name]Cable[/name], would you consider spelling it [name]Cabel[/name]? I do think that [name]Cable[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] flows well and if it wasn’t for the cable tv association I’d probably like the name a lot more.

To be honest, I really don’t like it. But I do love [name]Abel[/name]! [name]Cable[/name] just reminds me of, well, cable.

Ditto! :slight_smile:

All I can think of is the comic book character by that name:

http://comicmastersonline.com/shop/images/cable.jpg

And I don’t want to. No, I never understood why he was called that.

All I can think of is knitting, sorry.

Ditto! :-)[/quote]

Double ditto.

Other names with the same internal “a” sound:

[name]Cale[/name]
[name]Cain[/name]
[name]Abe[/name]
[name]Abel[/name] (I know it’s been suggested but I love it so I’m suggesting it again!)
[name]Gabe[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Gavriel[/name] (love this one)
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Hale[/name]
[name]Dale[/name]
[name]Galen[/name]
Thalen
[name]Yale[/name]

Good luck!

oooh. i don’t care for it at all. [name]Cable[/name] guy all the way.

what about gable?

[name]Cable[/name] hits me wrong too.

I did like the suggestion of [name]Gable[/name]… first thought: [name]Clark[/name]. Handsome fella - Gone With the Wind. That’s a sturdy, handsome name!

[name]Abel[/name] isn’t bad either. [name]Caleb[/name] is nice.

On the [name]January[/name] 31st [name]Sunday[/name] Summary at appellation mountain, commenters were discussing the name [name]Aerial[/name], which the blogger had spotted. To paraphrase one comment, “[name]Do[/name] you think those people are honoring their tv? I love mine, but won’t be naming my kid [name]Cable[/name].” So there you go.

makes me think of cable tv.

[name]Don[/name]'t listen to them!!! [name]Cable[/name] is an incredible name, I adore it… take of the C and you get able. [name]Cable[/name] is so independant and loving, theres so much strength in a [name]Cable[/name] it’s butiful!
[name]Love[/name] whatever you choose…
You could alway use Cabe as a nn.

I would say no, Certian named cant be made into names (does that make sense?)
example…
[name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name] named her daughter [name]Honor[/name], it fits.
naming your child moon unit, does not fit.
I think [name]Cable[/name] fits into the non-fitting category.
[name]Caleb[/name], is beaaautiful, however!! as is [name]Alexander[/name].
A current favorite name set of mine is [name]Avery[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

I mean, would you like it if your name was [name]Cable[/name]? I wouldn’t. But I see why you like it, if it weren’t for the word, it would be appealing. I love the suggestions everyone has given you, especially [name]Gable[/name], it’s soooo similar, just minus the constant “Like cable television?” comments “…interesting” and more of the “Ooh, like [name]Clark[/name] [name]Gable[/name]?” comments.

I want to like it but yes like the others I think of cable television.
[name]How[/name] about [name]Campbell[/name]? I’m not sure if that has been suggested yet.
[name]Gabriel[/name] with nn the [name]Gable[/name]?