Cabot as a first name?

We love the name [name_m]Cabot[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] (two middle names) for our little guy, but those who I’ve shared it with (probably first mistake–should have waited until he was born and named to share!) have been about 70% opposed, 30% for the name.

Is [name_m]Cabot[/name_m] a crazy name and will he be constantly teased about the [name_m]Vermont[/name_m]-based cheese company? [name_m]Cab[/name_m] or Cabbie could be nicknames.

What are some other names that might be similar?

We like [name_m]Talbot[/name_m] (too much like the store?), [name_m]Wells[/name_m], [name_m]Pierce[/name_m], [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m]…

Not a good idea. Cabby is slang for a taxi-driver.

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] is my favourite from your list.

[name_m]Cabot[/name_m] makes me think of [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_m]Cabot[/name_m], the author (although I can’t quite remember the books she wrote now…) but the only thing putting me off there would be the nicknames (or lack of them!). [name_m]Talbot[/name_m] is a kind of fish, I’m pretty sure, but I may be completely wrong there. The first two similar names that spring to mind are [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] or [name_m]Otto[/name_m] (which could be a nickname for [name_m]Cabot[/name_m], actually) - [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] sounds great! Good luck.

I don’t think of the cheese company, I too think of [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_m]Cabot[/name_m]. She writes a lot of girly, princessy books; remember The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Diaries? That’s her. I fear for teasing potential here…I dislike nicknames [name_m]Cab[/name_m] and Cabbie as they remind me of the vehicles and their drivers, though [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is cute.

I actually really like the name [name_m]Cabot[/name_m]. Maybe because I love the nicknames “[name_u]Cal[/name_u]” and “[name_u]Cam[/name_u]” and to me “[name_m]Cab[/name_m]” has a similar feel. I live in the country, so the taxi association is the last thing to come to my mind. I think I might slighty prefer [name_m]Talbot[/name_m]… I love [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] as well. I know a 12/13 year old Kambel and I have always loved his name, though I prefer the traditional spelling. A similar name I really like is [name_m]Corbett[/name_m]. Good luck!

The two things I think of are [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_m]Cabot[/name_m] (author) and the word “cabbage”