Caden for a girl? I just love the name.....

Can a girl pull it off? I just like the name, but is it too masculine? Thanks for you thoughts!

I cant edit my post for some reason, anyway I just searched and found out that only 56 girls were named [name]Caden[/name] last year, so Im assuming that its just too masculine. Guess I will have to keep it on my boy list. :slight_smile: [name]Feel[/name] free to reply if you do think its a good girls name, Im still open to thoughts.

Have you ever thought about using [name]Cadence[/name]?

I like it - just spelled a bit different to make it more girly…
[name]How[/name] do you like “[name]Cayden[/name]”?

I actually like it better for a girl than a boy, and since [name]Caden[/name] doesn’t have any real history as a masculine name, I don’t see why not – other than that there will be lots of boys around with similar-sounding names.

It sounds very boy-like to me. [name]How[/name] about [name]Eden[/name]?

No. [name]Eden[/name] is cute though, like someone suggested.

I stand corrected, I just checked different spellings and its being used more then I thought. Off the girls list [name]Kayden[/name] had over 700, [name]Cayden[/name] had 150 plus and I didnt check all the other spellings. I wonder if this is a name which is destined to be taken over by the girls…? Im mixed on whether I would use it for a girl myself, I just wanted to get opinions from nameberries…a special thank you to [name]Pam[/name] for sharing your thoughts. :wink:

I think you guys should use whatever name makes you happy, but keep in mind that there are A LOT of little Cadens right now. In my son’s playgroup of 25 kids, 3 were named [name]Caden[/name].

I say a girl can. A friend of ours used a variation of that name. They named their little girl [name]Cadence[/name] [name]Emmalynn[/name] and her nn is [name]Cadie[/name]. I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] her name.

I really like [name]Cadie[/name] as a nn, but [name]Caden[/name] sounds too boyish for me… But its doable!

I would say [name]Cadence[/name] works better for a girl. Nearly 4000 boys were named [name]Caden[/name] last year (plus 2700 Caydens and 1300 Caidens). That’s roughly 8000 boys named some form of [name]Caden[/name] born in 2009. To put that in context there were 8000 boys named [name]Zachary[/name] born last year. Same with [name]Owen[/name]. So, personally for me that’s too heavily male. But I do think [name]Cadence[/name] would be a good alternative.

I was going to suggest it with a K to make it more feminine…[name]Kaeden[/name] or [name]Kayden[/name]. It is quite trendy for boys right now though so that would be a consideration. Beacause of that fact, many may assume BOY upon seeing or hearing the name.

I like it too, better than [name]Cadence[/name]… but I tend to prefer less girly names. Perhaps pair it with a more feminine mn?

[name]Caden[/name] is definately all boy to me. With the nn [name]Cade[/name] it is even more so. Actually all the [name]Aidan[/name] names feel masculine to me.[quote][/quote]