Cael, Cal, Cale

See the results of this poll: Which do you like best?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Cael: 4 (22%)
  • Cal: 7 (39%)
  • Cale: 7 (39%)

[name]Hi[/name]! From you list, I like [name]Cal[/name], as a nickname for [name]Calvin[/name] or [name]Callum[/name]. (I pronounce [name]Cale[/name] differently, like Cail, which rhymes with “jail.”

Good luck!

[name]Cal[/name] is pronounced like the beginning of [name]California[/name] and I’d assume [name]Cale[/name] and [name]Cael[/name] are pronounced like [name]Kale[/name], the vegetable.

I very much don’t like [name]Cael[/name], it just doesn’t look right. [name]Cale[/name] has a pretty cool sound, but it just makes me think of kale chips. [name]Cal[/name] is nice as a nickname for [name]Calvin[/name].

I voted for [name]Cal[/name]. Friends of ours named their little boy [name]Cael[/name] a few years ago and it still gets snickers for being like the green vegetable.

Ditto!

Thanks for all of the great input. I did think of [name]Cael[/name]/[name]Cale[/name] as being like the vegetable, but I wasn’t sure how strong an association that would be for most people. I guess it’s stronger than I thought!

I like [name]Cael[/name] or [name]Cale[/name]. My brothers name is [name]Calen[/name] (kail-len) but we call him [name]Cale[/name] a lot. :slight_smile: