Calista

It’s a name I’ve loved for a long time and the only C name I’d consider. It’s also a family name on my side. What are your thoughts? Is it too close to [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]? I don’t know if I’d use [name_f]Callie[/name_f] as a nickname. It was one of my top names until my husband’s grandma kept calling [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. Now I’m not sure. Also if I went with [name_f]Calista[/name_f] I’m unsure of middle names now because [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is also a family name on my side.

Combinations I’m considering are:

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Paulette[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Calista[/name_f]. It feels smart and distinctive. It sounds quite distinct from [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] I think. Either [name_f]Callie[/name_f] or [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] sound likely to be nns at some point. I like both of these, but if you’re unsure I’d hesitate with using [name_f]Calista[/name_f].

All your middle names work. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] is bright and gorgeous and I think it sounds distinct enough from [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] that it works - no more similar than [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f]. [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] are a bit close for me but its doable. Maybe [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lissy[/name_f]?

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is pretty

We call [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] about 95% of the time. We also alternate between [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_u]Cass[/name_u], Cassafras. She has a lot of nicknames. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s grandma has a calico cat name [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and she kept calling [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_f]Callie[/name_f] on accident. I still love [name_f]Callie[/name_f] as a nickname. I just don’t want to cause us another headache. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is dhs favorite name. [name_f]Paulette[/name_f] is his grandma’s name, and [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is our moms middle names. Both of their middle names. Also my great grandma’s first name. So I was trying to consider a name on dhs side too.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Honestly I don’t know if we will give her a nickname. It’s a pretty enough name to use without nicknames. Although I could see using [name_u]Cal[/name_u] more than anything. I do love the idea of Lis. Not sure if it’s doable with an aunt name [name_f]Allysa[/name_f] who I guess occasionally goes by [name_f]Lys[/name_f]? [name_f]Calista[/name_f] has been on my list since I was a teen. I think I’ve loved it about as much as [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f].

1 Like

i love calista! calista marie is beautiful. i don’t think it’s too close to cassandra, but i’m not fond of callie and cassie together.

callie kind of seems inevitable as a nickname at one point or another, but alternatives could be lissie/lissy, lis, issie/issy, ali, alis, calla, ita, or cal.

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] is gorgeous, I love it’s starry feel. I don’t think it’s too similar to [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] at all, but [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] would be a bit too close in sound for my liking. I like [name_u]Cal[/name_u] for a nickname though, as well as [name_f]Calla[/name_f].