calling all creative Nameberries

So I just found out that I’m pregnant with our first child. I was thinking about a creative way to tell my hubby and decided that since he loves chinese, that we would either order in or go out and I would put a little message in his fortune cookie about the exciting news. I just calculated the due date and it’s [name]July[/name] 4, 2011. So for the message, I was thinking of something along the lines of…“There will be more than just fireworks this Fourth of [name]July[/name]…” and then put [name]Lucky[/name] #'s as 7, 4, 20, 11.
Anyone have any other great ideas or other ideas in general on how to surprise him as well. Sorry for the short notice but I would like to tell him soon…I can hardly contain myself :slight_smile:

Ps. I have kept it a secret for over a year that we have been trying to get pregnant from my hubby. He has wanted a child since we were on the honeymoon almost 4 yrs ago. I thought that there were so few things in life that I can surprise him with, that I thought this would be my chance hence the reason I’m trying to put some thought into this. It may seem unusual and maybe a tad cruel but I can’t wait to see his expression…priceless.

Thanks for all the advice…can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

Congrats on the new baby!

I think you have a pretty great idea yourself.

My idea would be to give him a scroll with I’m pregnant written in chinese and then have him decode it and it would be a different way of telling him.

I like your idea better though.

[name]Just[/name] wanted to give you all an update! After our [name]Asian[/name] inspired dinner out, I presented my husband with dessert in the form of fortune cookies and shared with him the exciting news…he of course was overwhelmed but extremely happy and he loved the way that I did it too! Thanks again for the help!

Oh, I’m glad he was thrilled. He even liked the unique way you told him too! What a trouper! Best wishes to you.