calling all creative nameberries!

So I just found out that I’m pregnant with our first child. I was thinking about a creative way to tell my hubby and decided that since he loves chinese, that we would either order in or go out and I would put a little message in his fortune cookie about the exciting news. I just calculated the due date and it’s [name]July[/name] 4, 2011. So for the message, I was thinking of something along the lines of…“There will be more than just fireworks this Fourth of [name]July[/name]…” and then put [name]Lucky[/name] #'s as 7, 4, 20, 11.
Anyone have any other great ideas or other ideas in general on how to surprise him as well. Sorry for the short notice but I would like to tell him soon…I can hardly contain myself :slight_smile:

Ps. I have kept it a secret for over a year that we have been trying to get pregnant from my hubby. He has wanted a child since we were on the honeymoon almost 4 yrs ago. I thought that there were so few things in life that I can surprise him with, that I thought this would be my chance hence the reason I’m trying to put some thought into this. It may seem unusual and maybe a tad cruel but I can’t wait to see his expression…priceless.

Thanks for all the advice…can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

[name]Love[/name] the idea! It sounds so cute. how are you going to get your fortune into the cookie though? Are you just planning to give him a little slip of paper and say “hey I wrote you a fortune today.”

I’d definitely suggest looking up the Chinese word for baby or DADDY! Then you can put on the back “learn chinese” (like the real cookies do) and put in a word related to being pregnant and having a baby!

Ohh I love it!!

Thanks berries…I like the idea of the chinese language…will look it up tomorrow!
To answer your question on how I plan on getting the fortune into the cookie…you have to find the right cookie with wide ends, then using tweezers I plucked the original fortune out and will fold mine in half and with the help of the tweezers get it back in. I’m also putting it back into the original wrapper and sealing with the iron so it looks like an unopened cookie…I know alot of work for alittle message but worth it to me.
Thanks again!

Great idea.

You could also try to print something on the front of the chinese food containers. (You could get blank containers at a craft store and just print a sticker with the info and put it on, and put the food in the container.)