Cameron -boy or girl?

Is [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] too feminine for a boy nowadays? Middle name suggestions? Thanks!

It’s a boy name to me

Yeah I say more of a boys name too

I think it works for either gender. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Diaz[/name_u] makes it usable for girls, but it is not totally feminine either.

Definitely a boy name for me, I’ve never met a girl [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] myself - and it’s the name of the husband of one of my closest friends, and also their son’s middle!

For me, it’s definitely a boys name.

I’ve never met a girl named [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] and I can’t imagine anyone but an EXTREME tomboy pulling it off. I suppose you do have the NN [name_f]Cammie[/name_f] which is very girly, but to me even [name_u]Cam[/name_u] sounds very masculine. To be honest I am not a fan of unisex names in general; it’s very frustrating when someone sees your name and assumes you are male when you are female :mad:

I have a close male friend named [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] who I’ve known for many years and his name has never seemed at all feminine. I think it’s lovely, strong and handsome for a boy, but cringy on a girl! :slight_smile:

It’s all boy to me :wink:

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] is all boy to me

I don’t hate that girls are given boy names. What does get me angry is that when some girls, not even a majority are given the name all of a sudden the name is considered “feminine”. So no, considering the name is widely used for boys I consider it sexist to call it “too feminine”.

I see [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] as a boy name 100%

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] is 100% boy.

Definitely boy name to my ears.

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Drake[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Troy[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Perry[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Nicolai[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

It’s all boy to me.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

100 % boy in my eyes

I think of it as a boys name.

I know of three male Camerons in real life (30+, teen, and infant). [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Diaz[/name_u] is the only time I’ve heard of it for a girl. I don’t mind it, either way, but it definitely seems more for a boy to me, because of those associations.

I think of it as both.

It’s all boy to me. I prefer [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] for girls.

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Diaz[/name_u] makes it a unisex name, especially because the child may be called [name_u]Cam[/name_u] (m) or [name_f]Cammy[/name_f] (f).